South East Qld Forum Gatherings 2007 & 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

South East Qld Forum Gatherings 2007 & 2008

Postby Troyk » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:16 pm

I thought I would list out possible plans for forum gatherings in SEQ. This is merely to get something up on possible dates and venues. Of course all this can be modified to suit. If you have got a good idea for a venue or you want to put your hand up to organise, heres your chance.

The gatherings will be based around a weekend camping trip, with the option if people want to come for the day (Saturday), or camp for the weekend.

If you are from outside SEQ, and the dates align with you being in the area, more than welcome to attned.

Will update as we go.

2 - 4 November 2007
Venue: Sharp Park near Canungra
Report can be found at http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1949
Video can be found at http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1979

22 - 24 February 2008
Venue: Bribie Island
Organiser: Al&Sharon
Details at: http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=2067
Report at: http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=2278

24 to 27 April 2008 (ANZAC Day Weekend)
Venue: Borumba Deer Park, Imbil.
Organiser Troyk
Details at: http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1970

July 2008
Venue: TBA
Organiser: TBA

12 to 14 September 2008
Venue: Manna Gums, Goomburra State Forest
Details: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2441
Organiser: Troyk

7 to 9 November 2008
Venue: Sharp Park, River Bend, Canungra
Organiser: Troyk
Details: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2442
Last edited by Troyk on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:59 am

To date we have have the following suggested venuws;

Borumba Deer Park (Barby Q)
Mt Mee, Archer camp site (Binrow)
Butinga (AL&Sharon)
Queen Mary Falls (Al&Sharon)
Insland Reach, Imbil (Gypsylady)

More suggestions welcome. :grin:
Last edited by Troyk on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:14 am

gypsylady wrote:
Barby-Q wrote:Troy , Don't forget some cityfolk live north of Brisbane . A Northside one , Boorumba maybe . Plenty of photo's posted , a picture is worth a thousand words.

I would recommend Island Reach at Imbil over Borumba any day. It is prettier, cheaper and there is no fee charged for the family pooch.

...And please tell me about this 'approvals' that is mentioned. What is the procedure for the forum trips etc?? Cheers...

The procedure is pretty open and informal. I guess I am the defacto self appointed co-ordinator trying to keep this going.

For 2008 most people seem comfortable with the idea of a gathering every 2 months.

So all we need is a venue, a date and an organiser. There is not much to organising really, just making sure that there is sufficient room and the neccessary arrnagements have been made with the owners (ie can they accomodate the group, setting aside an area, group discounts etc).

Gypsy if you want to put your hand to organise a trip you are more then welcome, just post your thoughts. :)

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:27 am

Troyk wrote:
gypsylady wrote:
Barby-Q wrote:For 2008 most people seem comfortable with the idea of a gathering every 2 months.

Gypsy if you want to put your hand to organise a trip you are more then welcome, just post your thoughts. :)

Thanks Troy but organising a forum trip was not my concern as such. I am relatively new to the group and have little knowledge of what the procedure is. Does one require permission from anyone to organise a forum trip and all things associated, are there any rules one has to adhere to?? Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:31 am

Troyk wrote:To date we have have the following susggested venues;

Mt Mee, Archer camp site (Binrow)

More suggestions welcome. :grin:

Can some one give me more details please of this Archer Campsite?? I have heard it mentioned in camping circles before but have not been able to find any information on it. Cheers......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 pm

gypsylady wrote:Thanks Troy but organising a forum trip was not my concern as such. I am relatively new to the group and have little knowledge of what the procedure is. Does one require permission from anyone to organise a forum trip and all things associated, are there any rules one has to adhere to?? Cheers....

Pretty informal, no procedures, no real rules, need no permission, just put up the details.

Troyk

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:12 pm

gypsylady wrote:Can some one give me more details please of this Archer Campsite?? I have heard it mentioned in camping circles before but have not been able to find any information on it. Cheers......

Try this webpage
http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/find_a_park_or_forest/mount_mee_state_forest_and_forest_reserve__camping_information/

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:16 am

Try this webpage
http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/find_a_park_or_forest/mount_mee_state_forest_and_forest_reserve__camping_information/[/quote]

Thanks Troy. After reading the info contained on that link it puts me out completely. Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks Troy. After reading the info contained on that link it puts me out completely. Cheers...[/quote]

More suited to people who like it simple.

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 am

Troyk wrote:

Thanks Troy. After reading the info contained on that link it puts me out completely. Cheers...

More suited to people who like it simple.

No, not simple, I have both a CT and a dog, neither of which are acceptable there.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Ok I ma happy to organise the first event for the year.

I am now calling for volunteers to organise some of the other gatherings through 2008. The slate is now been cleaned ready to go.

What you need to do is;
= Pick a venue, for the first few lets say it needs to be 2wd access and have toilets
= Pick the best time of the year to go. (ie Girraween in the middle of winter may not be a good idea)
= Check with me so we don't double up. I'll also update the details at the top as well.
= Post the details (do as a new topic so it doesn't get lost. i'll put a link at the top of the page)
= Have further information at hand if asked.
= You may need to talk to the owners if a large group may present a problem, probalby a good idea anyhow.
= Provide booking details (its up to each member to book and pay their way)
= Think of a contingency if something arises (like the campground is closed two days beforehand. Some of you may have seen some of National Park grounds temporally closed at the moment)

Pretty simple.

Look forward to seeing your plans. :grin:

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Troyk wrote:Ok I ma happy to organise the first event for the year.

I am now calling for volunteers to organise some of the other gatherings through 2008. The slate is now been cleaned ready to go.

What you need to do is;
= Pick a venue, for the first few lets say it needs to be 2wd access and have toilets
= Pick the best time of the year to go. (ie Girraween in the middle of winter may not be a good idea)
= Check with me so we don't double up. I'll also update the details at the top as well.
= Post the details (do as a new topic so it doesn't get lost. i'll put a link at the top of the page)
= Have further information at hand if asked.
= You may need to talk to the owners if a large group may present a problem, probalby a good idea anyhow.
= Provide booking details (its up to each member to book and pay their way)
= Think of a contingency if something arises (like the campground is closed two days beforehand. Some of you may have seen some of National Park grounds temporally closed at the moment)

Pretty simple.

Look forward to seeing your plans. :grin:

I would also recommend that you try and negotiate a group discount if possible (presuming you feel comfortable doing so) and that the venue also be 'pet friendly' so as not to preclude anyone from attending who has a canine family.

I also agree with Troy that it should be 2WD accessible and have toilets.

And I pesonally would not have an issue with Giraween in the middle of winter, my issue would be that it is not pet friendly.

My 2 cent contribution. Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:24 pm

gypsylady wrote:.......And I pesonally would not have an issue with Giraween in the middle of winter, ..........

Me, I do, I'm not equipped for it. :grin:

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:05 am

Troyk wrote:
gypsylady wrote:.......And I pesonally would not have an issue with Giraween in the middle of winter, ..........

Me, I do, I'm not equipped for it. :grin:

Where is you sense of adventure Troy???
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:28 pm

How about this place as a venue at some time. It might be a bit expensive though.

Mt Warning Holiday Park, Northern NSW.

Webpage
http://www.mtwarningholidaypark.com/

Troyk

Next

Return to Groups & Activities