The Anchorage Holiday Park - Iluka NSW

The Anchorage Holiday Park - Iluka NSW

Postby amanda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:25 am

I'm just back from a weekend at the Anchorage Holiday Park at Iluka and thought I'd post a quick review of the place. I actually didn't camp this weekend as I was travelling with 13 others in my golfing group and we opted for cabins. The cabins were beautifully appointed, clean and surprisingly large and spacious - complete with a spa! The sites for vans/camper trailers all had concrete slabs, and most were quite shady. The tent sites were all a pretty good size and once again well shaded.

Facilities at the park include a pool with spa and playground. There is a large camp kitchen with all the usual facilities - fridge, freezer, micriowave, kettle, toaster etc. There are numerous BBQ's scattered about the park, so you would find one close by no matter where you camped.

As Iluka is a great fishing spot, the park also provides you with freezer storage for any fish you may catch and wish to take home with you (we weren't so lucky that we needed that facility). There are also areas set aside for cleaning fish etc.

During holiday times the park also provides daily children's activities. Out of holiday times the park will supply you with kids activity packs on request.

It is a little on the expensive side, but for those looking for a camping place with all the amenities, this is highly recommended.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Review

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks for the review Amanda, nice to have an overview of anything in accommadation, cabins, camps, motels etc. we will all be staying in one of them sooner or later.

:+
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby double_d » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:23 pm

do you have prices to give
or is there a website?
thanks

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:29 pm

double_d wrote:do you have prices to give
or is there a website?
thanks

daniel d

Ditto. Always looking for a quick place to stay when on the run. I might put up some of the ones of stayed that were good, as there are some not so good ones. :)

The 2 that come to mind are in Roma and Longreach.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:42 am

amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:29 am

Troy that would be great because we are looking at going to Longreach early next year.
Thanks for the web addie Amanda.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby travelrock » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:15 am

amanda, what about the beaches, national park walks and so on?
travelrock
Boy Scout

Postby amanda » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:05 pm

The walks through the National Parks are great - spectacular views and relatively easy walking for all fitness levels/ages. The beaches are very wide and uncrowded. We were fortunate enough to spot a large pod of dolphins surfing the waves just below the Bluff Lookout.

If you have the time it's also well worthwhile taking the ferry across to Yamba for a day. The trip is cheap (about $6) and takes around 40 minutes. Yamba is a lovely place to stroll around and once again has sensational beaches and great lookouts.

We're heading bak in May and I can't wait!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:Troy that would be great because we are looking at going to Longreach early next year.
Thanks for the web addie Amanda.
Cheers,
Chick
Oops missed that one. Will do :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Return to NSW