Fresh out of the Bag!!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Fresh out of the Bag!!

Postby Starting Out » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:51 pm

G'day All,
Firstly what a fantastic informative sight.
My wife, Sarah and I (Trent) along with our three kids (4ys, 2yrs, 7mths) after a little bit of research have just purchased a Great Outdoors Citadel tent. I'll be putting it up for the first time tomorrow in the backyard (thanks Reef for the early advice). I know it is a massive tent but with three growing kids (1 currently in a porta cot) we believe this tent will be a great investment and is certain to accomodate a number of great experiences for the kids in the future. We want the kids to grow up appreciating the great outdoors and exploring places other than the commercial tourist centres. I haven't camped since I was in my early teens but I am sure those great memories will come flooding back once we are out there. We are looking forward with much anticipation to our first trip in about three weeks time when we will head to Copeton Dam and give all of our new equipment a test before heading down to Mungo Brush for a week in early February (once the crowds leave) with maybe a few nights somewhere else which has a nice river or creek in between that time.
We currently live out at Lightning Ridge which is a gateway to Western QLD and Western NSW. But we will also be looking forward to camping at some nice quiet coastal areas initially in NSW and SE QLD.
If anyone is ever out this way let us know, would be more than happy to meet people and put faces to names.
Starting Out

Postby Troyk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:58 pm

Welcome Starting Out. Good luck with it all and enjoy! :grin:

If you are planning to come up to SE Qld look out for one of our gatherings and you just don't know you might be able to catch up with a few forum members. :beer
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:18 pm

G'day and welcome.
Good luck with the tent tomorrow. Don't worry too much about how long it takes you to set it up it will get easier each time :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Kramer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:05 pm

Blue Bravo wrote:G'day and welcome.
Good luck with the tent tomorrow. Don't worry too much about how long it takes you to set it up it will get easier each time :)

Welcome as as Bravo has said it does get easier, but I will be buggered if I know how they get it into the small bag it originally came in.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:50 pm

:hello: and welcome to the site.

I remember my first tent was a three roomer I bought from A-Mart 30 odd years ago. It served the family well over many years. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 am

Welcome Sarah and Trent ah what great fun with the family. I can hear you now Trent screaming dont put it up like that, leave that alone get the little 1 away, I know what im doing. it does get easier secret is land have a beer then start setting up well thats my way anyway, happy camping and as Troy says when your in se Queensland give us all a holla and enjoy our end of this fantastic country. happy camping.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:45 am

G'day and welcome!

Although we have a camper trailer we still use the tent on the odd occassion for hard access areas. Never get rid of it when you upgrade!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby CCC » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:14 pm

welcome to the forum and have fun :grin:
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Hello!

Postby Frilly » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Welcome Guys!!
Ask anything on this site... the people here are truly an amazing set of encyclopedias on camping!! Or in this day and age should I say Wikipedia!! Good luck!!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby SUNDOWNER » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:21 am

Hello Sarah, Trent & Family

Welcome to the forum, myself Tony & Pat also new to the forum and the guys here made us feel so welcome and you will gain lots of camping knowledge/tips by simply asking.

We too have just purchased a large tent a Sportiva Headland 12 and have also yet to erect in the back yard but should be fun and as the others have said will get easier each time......I hope.

Anyways have fun and who knows one day we may catch up in this big land of ours and have a beer or two.......Enjoy.

Tony & Pat :+

FORGET THE PAST - LIVE FOR TODAY - HOPE FOR TOMORROW.
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Postby SMP » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:29 am

Trent, I also lugged around a good quality family tent, especially when the kids were smaller and it was a life saver on a few ocassions when the weather was bad. The kids could muck around inside for days and come out when the weather cleared and continue our holiday while others were packing up and goig home. A bit of a pain to set up so it needs to be two or more nights in one spot. I always took a 4 man tent for overnight stops. Cheers, Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:57 pm

:hello: and welcome Sarah and Trent,
We Chick & Shane have a massive tent as well. Im with you Al, land have a beer and chillout prior to setup. You will soon get the hang of it all. At least having a larger tent gives you the room to take all the little extras for the kids. It is amazing how 2 - 4 kids can take up so much room with clothes toys etc. Last thing you want is to be living in a matchbox.
Cheers to fantastic camping days to come.
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:59 am

Welcome!!
The more you get out and camp the easier the setting up will become - no matter what tent you have! :grin:
Good Luck and C U round the boards!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Welcome to the 'Great Outdoors'

Postby itchyant-senior » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:42 pm

g'day guys
I envy you guys who live in the beautiful outback. Welcome to the forum and outback camping - I am sure you will enjoy. Heaps of places down on the South Coast if ever you get down this way.
Do you know of Tommy Urquhart (owns the Butcher Shop i believe)
If you dream it - you can do it
itchyant-senior
Camping King

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 am

itchyant no sorry
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Return to Introductions: