Book Early For Christmas Camping

Bulletins, notices or alerts can be posted here. If it is specific to a region or community be sure to put the location n your heading (we will organise it by region if this sections grows).

Book Early For Christmas Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:24 pm

Minister for Sustainability, Climate Change and Innovation
The Honourable Andrew McNamara
05/12/2007
Campers urged to book early for Christmas

Christmas campers are being urged to book early to avoid disappointment.

Minister for Sustainability, Climate Change and Innovation, Andrew McNamara, said the coastal spots are always the favourites for Christmas, but there are plenty of inland options.

"Popular Queensland camping areas included Inskip Peninsula, Teewah Beach, and Fraser, Bribie and Moreton islands," Mr McNamara said.

Mr McNamara said that bookings for various campgrounds across the state were filling quickly for the Christmas-New Year period.

"Booking early means you can secure your camp site and have a stress free holiday. It also allows the Parks and Wildlife Service to ensure popular camp grounds are well managed.

"Camping is a great value family holiday. There are still plenty of spaces available at other times during the Christmas break for families to enjoy our coastal environment," he said.

A camping permit costs $4.50 per person/night; and children under four are free. The family rateis $18, for up to two adults and accompanying children under 18.

Visit the EPA website http://www.epa.qld.gov.au to get all the information you need for your camping and vehicle permits.

To purchase all necessary permits and to make camping bookings call 13 13 04 or visit http://www.qld.gov.au/camping.

Information is also available at the EPA Customer Service Centre, 160 Ann Street, Brisbane or Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service offices/information centres.

Media contact: Peter McCarthy 3336 8004
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Re: Book Early For Christmas Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Derek wrote:"Popular Queensland camping areas included Inskip Peninsula, Teewah Beach, and Fraser, Bribie and Moreton islands," Mr McNamara said.

"Camping is a great value family holiday. There are still plenty of spaces available at other times during the Christmas break for families to enjoy our coastal environment," he said.

Media contact: Peter McCarthy 3336 8004

These are places I definitely would not want to camp at over xmas-new year. Between the storms and the sandflies it would be (has been) enough to put me off these places in peak times for life.

I can remember all too well the number of times I have spent an hour or so holding the camp together through terrible storms. Not to mention the horrible times I have had coping with sandfly bites.

Not my idea of fun anymore..... Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:27 am

Bit late telling people to book for the Xmas/ NEw Year hols ... most places would be booked up by now. Except Fraser, but I have no desire to camp there.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:36 am

Scolers wrote:Bit late telling people to book for the Xmas/ NEw Year hols ... most places would be booked up by now. Except Fraser, but I have no desire to camp there.

Scol.

Just another pollie who wants to see his name in print......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:20 pm

He's my local member ... I'll be contacting him re. Burnett Council closing all camping grounds ... grrrr....

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:25 pm

Scolers wrote:He's my local member ... I'll be contacting him re. Burnett Council closing all camping grounds ... grrrr....

Scol.

I imagine Scol he would care little.... Until it comes time to vote..
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:46 pm

So cynical! :shock: It is hard not to be tho' ... :?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:58 pm

Scolers wrote:So cynical! :shock: It is hard not to be tho' ... :?

Scol.

CYNICAL...not in the least, just realistic.

The only time I see my local pollie is when there is an election on and then they are at the train station every week.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:03 pm

This particular Minister is in the process of closing 15% of Moreton Bay to recreational fishing and 50% to professional fishing.

I doubt he's going to care about a few campgrounds.

To all politicians :booty
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Scolers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:45 pm

Derek wrote:This particular Minister is in the process of closing 15% of Moreton Bay to recreational fishing and 50% to professional fishing.

I doubt he's going to care about a few campgrounds.

To all politicians :booty

They care about the Green vote ... it's what keep them there ... time for a 'camper' vote ... by all means regulate camping grounds even if it means a fee ... but closing them off jsut means its put int he 'too hard' basket ... and you never get it back again ... ::()

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:47 am

My family has lived in the Redlands for the past 49 years. Over that time they have always fished the areas in Moreton Bay and alway came home with heaps and heaps of fish. It is sad to say, over the last 2 years it is getting extremely had to catch many fish at all around this area. Most people who do fish here can understand exactly what I am talking about. Used to catch 100's " in a few hours.... now your lucky if you bring home 20 - 30 after being out there of hours on end.
Even with closing 15% of Moreton Bay to recreational fishing... you still have heaps of places to fish in the bay.....
and closing 50% to professional fishing.... it is about dam time :+ they troll close in the bay, kill our Turtles, Dugongs, Dolphins and other marine life.... and if they are not stopped there will be more than 15% of the bay closed to recreational fishing. I am ok with them closing 15% to recreational fishing and 50% to professional fishing because I want everyones kids to enjoy fishing, and the animal in our beautiful bay.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:28 am

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:My family has lived in the Redlands for the past 49 years. Over that time they have always fished the areas in Moreton Bay and alway came home with heaps and heaps of fish. It is sad to say, over the last 2 years it is getting extremely had to catch many fish at all around this area. Most people who do fish here can understand exactly what I am talking about. Used to catch 100's " in a few hours.... now your lucky if you bring home 20 - 30 after being out there of hours on end.
Even with closing 15% of Moreton Bay to recreational fishing... you still have heaps of places to fish in the bay.....
and closing 50% to professional fishing.... it is about dam time :+ they troll close in the bay, kill our Turtles, Dugongs, Dolphins and other marine life.... and if they are not stopped there will be more than 15% of the bay closed to recreational fishing. I am ok with them closing 15% to recreational fishing and 50% to professional fishing because I want everyones kids to enjoy fishing, and the animal in our beautiful bay.
Cheers,
Chick

And they call it 'progress' Chick...yeah right!! Cheers Gypsy...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 am

Gypsy a few times when we have been out in the boat we have seen trawlers drag up Turtles, Dugongs, and Dolphins. After they cleaned out their nets and took off up the bay further we went and had a look at the place they did it. We saw DEAD and INJURED Turtles, Dugongs, and Dolphins. It broke my heart and I was hesterical because there was nothing that we could do.... Only call marine parks and tell them what we saw. They then go out and see if they can save any of them.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:Gypsy a few times when we have been out in the boat we have seen trawlers drag up Turtles, Dugongs, and Dolphins. After they cleaned out their nets and took off up the bay further we went and had a look at the place they did it. We saw DEAD and INJURED Turtles, Dugongs, and Dolphins. It broke my heart and I was hesterical because there was nothing that we could do.... Only call marine parks and tell them what we saw. They then go out and see if they can save any of them.
Cheers,
Chick

THAT would be heart breaking Chick.

I heard Brownie on the radio the other morning talking about the diminishing numbers of dugongs due to boat drivers speeding and the dugongs are too slow to get out of the way.

Again, what else can the caring public do??

Cheers Gypsy....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Bulletins, Notice or Alerts