South East Qld Forum Gatherings 2007 & 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby Al&Sharon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:35 pm

hi every 1 christmas is nearly here and we all have our hols sorted we have a gathering on the 22nd but Im proposing a beach venue, because we seem to always be picking bush and the kids are part of these gatherings Im sure the kids would love a beach weekend so Im proposing 8th and 9th of Feb on bribie island, campsite proposed is Bongaree Caravan Park safe swimming for the little ones and not far from surf for dads and big kids to surf and fish 2 wheel drive is ok and for those with a 4x4 you have the beach there is a weekend charge to drive the beach the web address of the site. please pm me if you are interested and for those without kids try make it and have a few :beer
tks Alan

http://www.bongareecaravanpark.com.au/a ... _park.html
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby AussieSunset » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:hi every 1 christmas is nearly here and we all have our hols sorted we have a gathering on the 22nd but Im proposing a beach venue, because we seem to always be picking bush and the kids are part of these gatherings Im sure the kids would love a beach weekend so Im proposing 8th and 9th of Feb on bribie island, campsite proposed is Bongaree Caravan Park safe swimming for the little ones and not far from surf for dads and big kids to surf and fish 2 wheel drive is ok and for those with a 4x4 you have the beach there is a weekend charge to drive the beach the web address of the site. please pm me if you are interested and for those without kids try make it and have a few :beer
tks Alan

Bongaree is a very good caravan park but there is also a good one at Woorim one too.
http://www.bribieislandcaravanpark.com.au/

The Woorim one is walking distance to the surf side of the Island and the Bongaree to the carm side (no waves unless you make them your self with a boat lol ) both very good CP's.
At least I could visit you all if you decide on Bribie as I live here. Plus I can have a drink :beer and just crawl home lol
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby binrow » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:55 pm

gypsylady

some info on archer as a campsite its about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs from Brisbane in the Mt Mee state forest there are 2 camp sites in the park, nerum creek about 10 mins from the rangers station, small sites in a very bushy setting the scrub comes right up to the edge of the site great for a weekend in a 2 man with the girlfriend. Archer is a more family type of site large area well grassed with plenty of room for the bikes cricket frisbie football
(all 4 codes) with 9 sites well spaced, each with a fire ring (bring your own wood) has a toilet block with a shower cubicle byo bucket though it is a far walk with the bucket for a shower,prefer to set up our own.acessable by 2wd in almost all weather , a small (50 -70m) steep section on the track that mat cause problems in a downpour. 2 swiming holes quite safe 1 with a tarzan rope for the more hardy of us. plenty of wild life bush turkeys kookaburras rozellas lace moniturs or goannas (not sure which) and according to the ranger (very freindly) platapus in the creek. 2 ways in the long way from the Daybro /woodford road past the rangers hut ,nerum campsite approx 19 kmsand 1 to 1 1/2 hrs of dirt track , qpws will only allow 4 wd though could very easly carry it out with 2 wd. my prefered way in is from woodford/kilcoy road past the prision and nerum creek bush retreat (private caming ground) about 8 ikms of dirt track and 20 mins and you get to the state park 5 mins from the gate if you find it (very bad state of repair and there you are at Archer as I said large grassy area flat sites well spaced, toilets/shower block running water 3 or 4 taps spaced through the area NON DRINKING fire ring swimming holes plenty of shade and wildlife plenty of 4wd tracks if your keen we have done several trips will see if the boss has some photos all in all a very nice spot. The only draw back is the dirt bikers come through ocassionaly. :beer :cheers

Cant say I recomend it as I dont wont to spoile the site and keep it all for me , its all mine mine mine
binrow

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 am

Bribie Island, That sounds good Al , a sea breeze is always good in Summer.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:52 am

Troyk wrote:How about this place as a venue at some time. It might be a bit expensive though.

Mt Warning Holiday Park, Northern NSW.

Webpage
http://www.mtwarningholidaypark.com/

Does anyone know if they are 'pet friendly'??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:54 am

Al&Sharon wrote:hi every 1 christmas is nearly here and we all have our hols sorted we have a gathering on the 22nd but Im proposing a beach venue, because we seem to always be picking bush and the kids are part of these gatherings Im sure the kids would love a beach weekend so Im proposing 8th and 9th of Feb on bribie island, campsite proposed is Bongaree Caravan Park safe swimming for the little ones and not far from surf for dads and big kids to surf and fish 2 wheel drive is ok and for those with a 4x4 you have the beach there is a weekend charge to drive the beach the web address of the site. please pm me if you are interested and for those without kids try make it and have a few :beer
tks Alan

Is it 'pet friendly'??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 am

Bongaree is a very good caravan park but there is also a good one at Woorim one too.
http://www.bribieislandcaravanpark.com.au/

The Woorim one is walking distance to the surf side of the Island and the Bongaree to the carm side (no waves unless you make them your self with a boat lol ) both very good CP's.
At least I could visit you all if you decide on Bribie as I live here. Plus I can have a drink :beer and just crawl home lol[/quote]

No good for anyone who has pets.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 am

I'm all for the beach venue Al.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:04 am

binrow wrote:gypsylady

some info on archer as a campsite its about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs from Brisbane in the Mt Mee state forest there are 2 camp sites in the park, nerum creek about 10 mins from the rangers station, small sites in a very bushy setting the scrub comes right up to the edge of the site great for a weekend in a 2 man with the girlfriend. Archer is a more family type of site large area well grassed with plenty of room for the bikes cricket frisbie football
(all 4 codes) with 9 sites well spaced, each with a fire ring (bring your own wood) has a toilet block with a shower cubicle byo bucket though it is a far walk with the bucket for a shower,prefer to set up our own.acessable by 2wd in almost all weather , a small (50 -70m) steep section on the track that mat cause problems in a downpour. 2 swiming holes quite safe 1 with a tarzan rope for the more hardy of us. plenty of wild life bush turkeys kookaburras rozellas lace moniturs or goannas (not sure which) and according to the ranger (very freindly) platapus in the creek. 2 ways in the long way from the Daybro /woodford road past the rangers hut ,nerum campsite approx 19 kmsand 1 to 1 1/2 hrs of dirt track , qpws will only allow 4 wd though could very easly carry it out with 2 wd. my prefered way in is from woodford/kilcoy road past the prision and nerum creek bush retreat (private caming ground) about 8 ikms of dirt track and 20 mins and you get to the state park 5 mins from the gate if you find it (very bad state of repair and there you are at Archer as I said large grassy area flat sites well spaced, toilets/shower block running water 3 or 4 taps spaced through the area NON DRINKING fire ring swimming holes plenty of shade and wildlife plenty of 4wd tracks if your keen we have done several trips will see if the boss has some photos all in all a very nice spot. The only draw back is the dirt bikers come through ocassionaly. :beer :cheers

Cant say I recomend it as I dont wont to spoile the site and keep it all for me , its all mine mine mine

Thanks Binrow for all this wonderful info BUT can I take my fur baby??

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 am

Can we still go if it's not pet friendly? I'm not over keen on dogs while camping anyway , I think its like smoking and non smoking , we should have a choice . :)
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:22 am

Barby-Q wrote:Can we still go if it's not pet friendly? I'm not over keen on dogs while camping anyway , I think its like smoking and non smoking , we should have a choice . :)

Yeah sure you can go Andy, not a problem..... but for me personally I will not go if I can not take my 'family'.

I am the new member here so it is not for me to make any of my personal feelings 'requirements' for any forum meet.

And I think to compare smoking and non smoking with pets or no pets is a little over the top.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:29 am

Mt Warning allows dogs by prior arrangements. Says so on their website

Al, how about we bump SGS as a venue to later in the year, and you organise Bribie for the 22 to 24 Feb weekend.

One thing to bear in mind is that caravan parks don't always accomodate camper trailers, mainly because they were designed before CT's came on the market. The biggest problem is the concrete slab sticking up. Need flat ground. Plus they can occupy a large footprint. Mine needs 22' x 16', and Andy and Ange will need more. A tent site might be ok if they are big enough.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:56 am

Troyk wrote:Mt Warning allows dogs by prior arrangements. Says so on their website

Thanks Troy....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:59 am

And I think to compare smoking and non smoking with pets or no pets is a little over the top.[/quote]

This was a example only , either you do or you don't.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Barby-Q wrote:And I think to compare smoking and non smoking with pets or no pets is a little over the top.

This was a example only , either you do or you don't.

No, I don't and as smoking is a health issue I believe it to be a somewhat exaggerated example for use in this situation.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities