HI DE HI.......NEW MEMBER !!!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

HI DE HI.......NEW MEMBER !!!

Postby SUNDOWNER » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:06 am

Hello Everyone

Just joined and wishing to say G,Day to everyone.

Me Tony, her Pat, semi retired and kids out of the way.....hooray so we can do what we want.

Used to be caravanners but just recently bought a boat and thought that if we buy a new tent we can load the boat up with the camping gear and have our cake and eat it so to speak in camping and boating.......Dont know why i didnt think of it sooner........Must be the grey hair.

We have not bought the tent yet as we are still in the looking process but after having out Odyssey 6 stolen we have got it down to the Oztrail Sportiva Headland 12, i know its a big tent for 2 people but that extra space looks great.

Best price we have seen one for has been $369 at Downunder Camping, if any members know where in the Brisbane area to obtain one at a better figure then i would be only too glad to hear from you.

Have any members got any advice on the above mentioned tent good or bad and also any suggestions on a similar tent that would suit 2 people taking into account we like the extra space size.

Anyways, thanks for accepting us on the forum and we look forward to contributing as best we can.

Safe Travels

Tony & Patricia
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:36 am

:hello: and welcome to the forums

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:46 am

Welcome Tony and Pat.

Have found Down Under to offer the best prices. Bought both my tents at their store at Capalaba.

The OZtrail/Sportiva brands are quite popular and haven't heard anything bad about them. No problems with my 4 person one.

With the bigger tent too you get more headroom (you notice these things at my height) as well as floor space.

Good buying. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Scolers » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:13 am

G'day guys!!!

Enjoy the forums ... :?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby CCC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Tony and Pat
Welcome and have fun :grin:
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Pat & Tony

Welcome

You could try Anaconda at Springwood they have great prices.
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:26 pm

G'day and welcome to the boards :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Al&Sharon » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:13 am

Hi Tony & Pat welcome aboard I hope you catch the allusive barra on your trips big change from van to tent. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby SUNDOWNER » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:35 pm

Many thanx Guys N Gals for all your kind welcomes, myself and Pat look forward very much to contributing to the forum as best we can and make new freindships.

Cheers

Tony & Pat :+
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Hi and welcome

Postby Camping Couple » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi Tony and Pat glad to see a couple of older Brissy people on here
more camping less working
Camping Couple
Boy Scout

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:52 am

Hi guys!!
I am a Brissie chick too!!
Welcome to the forum
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:05 am

Me too
well Brissie/Redlands
Cheers
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Re: HI DE HI.......NEW MEMBER !!!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 pm

SUNDOWNER wrote:Hello Everyone

Just joined and wishing to say G,Day to everyone.

Me Tony, her Pat, semi retired and kids out of the way.....hooray so we can do what we want.

We have not bought the tent yet as we are still in the looking process but after having out Odyssey 6 stolen we have got it down to the Oztrail Sportiva Headland 12, i know its a big tent for 2 people but that extra space looks great.

Best price we have seen one for has been $369 at Downunder Camping, if any members know where in the Brisbane area to obtain one at a better figure then i would be only too glad to hear from you.

Have any members got any advice on the above mentioned tent good or bad and also any suggestions on a similar tent that would suit 2 people taking into account we like the extra space size.

Anyways, thanks for accepting us on the forum and we look forward to contributing as best we can.

Safe Travels

Tony & Patricia

Hi Tony & Pat and a very big WELCOME.

I agree that Down Under is probably the best and cheapest place to buy a tent. I suggest that you also look at the DMH range if they are still about. I have the Omeo 4, Omeo 6 and a larger one which I think is called the Tanami (??). The large one is probably about 10 years old and has not only weahtered some pretty wild storms on the coast, it has also been used quite extensively in the bush and still bears up well.

One of the most important factors with a tent is the colour and I do not mean from an aesthetic point of view either. Colour is very important with regard to the feeling of 'coolness'.

Down Under at Salisbury have a large range of tents set up upstairs and the best test in to go and stand in the entry of each of the tents. When you find the one (colour) with the 'coolest' feel, buy it.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:09 am

gypsy I think Down Under are the best as well. We are in the middle of upgrading all of our gear and found them to be good. Also try BCF and once you have found what you want ask them for a discount or bonus if you are purchasing lots of items. We have saved approx $850.00 at BCF in the last 2 weeks.
Cheers,
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 am

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:gypsy I think Down Under are the best as well. We are in the middle of upgrading all of our gear and found them to be good. Also try BCF and once you have found what you want ask them for a discount or bonus if you are purchasing lots of items. We have saved approx $850.00 at BCF in the last 2 weeks.
Cheers,
Chick

That's and excellent saving Chick. You must be well and truely sorted for xmas holidays by now.

I find BCF overall are more expensive but have good specials. The flooring I have bought for the annex seems to come on special there far more often than anywhere else. And consequently I have purchased more than one for my friends as well.

I do believe that Down Under has the best prices overall on tents in particular. They also seem to have the best range.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Next

Return to Introductions: