QLD - Queen Mary Falls

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:10 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:Ticks are every where when we went to sharp park for the november meet, Marks dog got a tick he didnt find it for 4 days untill it fell off, the dog was ill cost him $500 + to fix as long as you are vigilant have your pet protected with advocate or advantage or the likes, and I always wash him when I get home, you cant say Im not going because of ticks as youd never go anywhere your pets can get ticks in a park or even the garden. Alan

I have been camping quite a few times this year and only picked up 2 ticks myself, my girl has not picked up any. Canungra has always been an area renowned for ticks. I camped at Sharp Park last year and a friend's dog got 5 ticks.

I personally use Advantix and I am diligent as to where she goes and where we camp. Never by the creek or near bush or long grass. I won't even walk her by the creek for that very reason.

The only place I have never not gone because of ticks was Glendon but that was probably only one of the reasons for not going back there.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Cruzin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:09 pm

Anybody been to Adjinbilly? any reports etc (Troy)?

Not far from Queen Mary Falls.

It is in the Dirty weekends book and I am keen to have a go, it has about 6 crossings of the headwaters of the Condamine ie "Queen Mary Falls"

rgds
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:32 am

Yes , six crossings in to it and seven more if you keep going past it.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:14 am

Cruzin wrote:Anybody been to Adjinbilly? any reports etc (Troy)?

rgds

There appears to be cabins only, no camping. http://www.adjinbilly.com.au/
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Queensland