South East Qld Forum Gatherings 2007 & 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby amanda » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:48 pm

Perhaps we need to poll whether people want the weekends to be dog friendly or not - or perhaps to suit everyone make some of them dog weekends and others dog free??? Just an idea to try to keep everyone happy in some way. I'm a dog lover but not a dog owner, so I don't mind either way, though I can see that it may be off putting for anyone who perhaps isn't that keen on dogs. I know if the issue was relating to cats, I'd be the first one to say I'd rather not have them as, as silly as this may sound, I'm a teeny bit frightened of cats.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Al&Sharon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:41 pm

yes Troy IM happy with changing the venue to Bribie for the 22nd every 1 in favour say I. question on pet frendly no pets arnt allowed , gypsy no 1 loves there little fella like I love taking my mate away with me but sometimes I cant so he has to stay at home, as for you being a new member and not having input you and every 1 else has the same right to imput, we all welcome each others thoughts sometimes some dont agree but thats life. OK camper trailers yes they accept them, powered site is $22per night for 2 people $4.50 per night per child over 4,I will make enquires about unpowered as I know lots are self sufficient the reason I picked Bongaree Caravan Park is because it is a safe swiiming beach no waves and some parents may be a little frightened if thier child was in waves understandable, and the surf side is only 5 mins drive anyway. If most of us would like to be close to the surf then yes I will take numbers and book Woorim. :beer :beer :beer Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:41 pm

amanda wrote:Perhaps we need to poll whether people want the weekends to be dog friendly or not - or perhaps to suit everyone make some of them dog weekends and others dog free??? Just an idea to try to keep everyone happy in some way. I'm a dog lover but not a dog owner, so I don't mind either way, though I can see that it may be off putting for anyone who perhaps isn't that keen on dogs. I know if the issue was relating to cats, I'd be the first one to say I'd rather not have them as, as silly as this may sound, I'm a teeny bit frightened of cats.

Even this could bring about issues Amanda and my point of view is simple, if a non pet friendly destination is chosen then I just don't go.

I'd rather have it that way than doing polls etc and then having to work out which ones when and who has and who hasn't. And why can't we go to that place and have them go to the other place...just too much....

If Andy or anyone for that matter is so anti camping with dogs then that is fine by me. I would not want anyone to feel uncomfortable or whatever it is that he (or they) would feel if there were dogs present at any forum camp.

Like I said, I am new to this particular forum and whilst I feel I have a lot to contribute it is not my place to be making any demands or setting any conditions on any member.

Cheers Gypsylady...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:57 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:yes Troy IM happy with changing the venue to Bribie for the 22nd every 1 in favour say I. question on pet frendly no pets arnt allowed , gypsy no 1 loves there little fella like I love taking my mate away with me but sometimes I cant so he has to stay at home, as for you being a new member and not having input you and every 1 else has the same right to imput, we all welcome each others thoughts sometimes some dont agree but thats life. OK camper trailers yes they accept them, powered site is $22per night for 2 people $4.50 per night per child over 4,I will make enquires about unpowered as I know lots are self sufficient the reason I picked Bongaree Caravan Park is because it is a safe swiiming beach no waves and some parents may be a little frightened if thier child was in waves understandable, and the surf side is only 5 mins drive anyway. If most of us would like to be close to the surf then yes I will take numbers and book Woorim. :beer :beer :beer Alan

Thanks Alan for your support and it was not the input so much as the setting of conditions on members that I was concerned about.

It is also not love of a pet that is the issue with me but rather the choice I made to have a pet and therefore spend time with her. It is bad enough that I have to lock her up five days a week when I have to go to work. I am also not going to leave her or farm her out on weekends simply because it does not suit my lifestyle or someone else does not like dogs camping. I simply choose not to go but it does not stop me asking the question.

My choice and no one else has to agree with my choices. It was also not my intention to start a dogs/no dogs war.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:yes Troy IM happy with changing the venue to Bribie for the 22nd every 1 in favour say I. question on pet frendly no pets arnt allowed , gypsy no 1 loves there little fella like I love taking my mate away with me but sometimes I cant so he has to stay at home, as for you being a new member and not having input you and every 1 else has the same right to imput, we all welcome each others thoughts sometimes some dont agree but thats life. OK camper trailers yes they accept them, powered site is $22per night for 2 people $4.50 per night per child over 4,I will make enquires about unpowered as I know lots are self sufficient the reason I picked Bongaree Caravan Park is because it is a safe swiiming beach no waves and some parents may be a little frightened if thier child was in waves understandable, and the surf side is only 5 mins drive anyway. If most of us would like to be close to the surf then yes I will take numbers and book Woorim. :beer :beer :beer Alan

Al, They have mini golf at Woorim.

We can have the SEQ Camping Forum Mini Golf Championships!

Not fussed which side to be honest.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:08 pm

amanda wrote:.......as silly as this may sound, I'm a teeny bit frightened of cats.

I will try not to take it personally! :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:31 pm

We would be a yes for Bribie!! What dates are we talking??
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:35 pm

22 to 24 feb

Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:37 pm

Thanks - I actually went bak and read more and figured the dates out! :?#
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:40 am

Can't wait . I can go fishing , I just opened a can of worms . :***
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:28 am

If one can is not enough, I'm sure we can open a few more! :grin:

Troyk

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:18 pm

I wont say what I think about cats Troy , I'll keep my mouth shut , but they did write a book about it once .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Barby-Q wrote:I wont say what I think about cats Troy , I'll keep my mouth shut , but they did write a book about it once .

We obviously at least agree on one thing then Andy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:37 pm

::() ::() ::() ::()
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:43 pm

Barby-Q wrote:I wont say what I think about cats Troy , I'll keep my mouth shut , but they did write a book about it once .

Don't knock cats! They are just as tasty as dogs. Just need more recipes. :bunny

Troyk

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities