Davo from Sydney, NSW

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Davo from Sydney, NSW

Postby dharvey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi everyone. You have a nice site and forum.

My name is David, and I am a long-time camping affectionado. I first started back as a Boy Scout back in the 1960s. And I really haven't stopped enjoying camping or the Outdoors since then.

I'm have a new lady now who isn't used to camping yet. But I live in hope.

Perhaps some of the exchanges in this forum will help her. So I shall lurk a little bit to start.

Best wishes,
Last edited by dharvey on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
My Camping Tents Site
dharvey

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:53 pm

Welcome Davo. I'm sure once you get your lady out there for the first time she'll love the experience of camping as much as you do!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Davo from Sydney, NSW

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:58 pm

dharvey wrote:Hi everyone. You have a nice site and forum.

My name is David, and I am a long-time camping affectionado. I first started back as a Boy Scout back in the 1960s. And I really haven't stopped enjoying camping or the Outdoors since then.

I'm have a new lady now who isn't used to camping yet. But I live in hope.

Perhaps some of the exchanges in this forum will help her. So I shall lurk a little bit to start.

Best wishes,

Hi David

Sent you an email the other day and still waiting an answer.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby dharvey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks for the encouraging word, Amanda. Time alone will tell, eh?

And thank you, Derek. I must have missed your email somehow. Sorry about that. Could you email me again?

Cheers,
David
My Camping Tents Site
dharvey

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:31 pm

Welcome Davo. When you take your new lady out for some camping, remember hot showers, comforty bed and a nice meal (I'm sure Derek has a romantic favourite in his collection). Good Luck. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby dharvey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks Troy.

Yes. I've always said that hot showers and acceptable toilets make camping comfortable.

Sure, you can get by without showers, and you can even get by without proper toilets... but that's roughing it and most of us should know better.

It's no way to introduce a grown woman to this wonderful outdoors recreational pursuit.

I hesitate here because I am unsure to call camping a hobby, a sport or what. Any suggestions, gang? :-)
David
My Camping Tents Site
dharvey

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:47 pm

David

Sent you another email and still no reply. What I was asking is where is your links page on your website.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:54 pm

G'day and welcome. Introduce your lady gently because if the first time camping is too hard core you could turn her off it altogether. Not too much luxury though as this could spoil her.
Suggest a caravan park with good aspect and good facilites then work backwards from there. :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby dharvey » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:19 am

Hi Glenn,

I've just got to say, I love the "Adventure before dementia" slogan on your sig line.

It's a bit like the "Grow Old Disgracefully" slogan of the Ulysses Motorcycle Club -- which if you didn't know already is a club for old motorcycle riders over 50. (They accept "junior" members who are 40 years old, however.)

As to taking my Diane caravanning, we did that with friends at Pitt Town last year. Stayed with friends in their fixed van and annexe, and she loved that.

Next I plan on overnighting her in a tent with me.

Easy does it.

Derek: I just saw your new posting. I've no idea what happened to the emails. My link to you is at http://www.1campingtent.com/links.htm
David
My Camping Tents Site
dharvey

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:04 am

Hello and welcome Glenn,
I also loved your sig, it made me laugh. Im sure that your new lady will enjoy herself. Maybe take her to a location that is on or close to the beach and watch the sun go down with a nice glass of beer, wine or whatever it is that she likes to drink.
Happy adventures
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby CCC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 am

:hello: David and welcome

enjoy yourself and hope your lady friend enjoys her first taste of camping with you

:grin: Alma
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Introductions: