Croc Bin now available

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Croc Bin now available

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:22 pm

Not sure where this info should go so have put it is 2 places. If I have overstepped the mark, please accept my apology and advise me accordingly.

I origininally saw this clever bin at the recent Pre Xmas Caravan and Camping Sale in Brisbane. The concept is so simple and yet brilliant and I wonder why it took so long for someone to come up with the idea.

Not to wonder any longer, here it is, check it out for yourselves, currently available at Tentworld.
http://www.vibeindustries.com.au/crocbin.htm

no affiliation, not related etc

Cheers......
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CCC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:25 am

Thats a very handy piece of equipment. I like the fact that it has a covering lid. I have seen a camping toilet of similar design, but on legs and not support bracket.

thanx for the information GL
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:Thats a very handy piece of equipment. I like the fact that it has a covering lid. I have seen a camping toilet of similar design, but on legs and not support bracket.

thanx for the information GL

I agree the lid is a very attractive addition but what really sold me was the fact that 2 brackets are supplied, one suitable for permmanent fixture and one that attaches to a pole. Every camp has a pole.

I have 3 on hold for me as I have decided to give some as xmas presents to those who have everything. It appears to me that camping is not the only place where they could be useful.

Additionally I like the fact that I can still recycle those horrid plastic shopping bags.

Cheers.......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:07 am

I have 3 on hold for me as I have decided to give some as xmas presents to those who have everything. It appears to me that camping is not the only place where they could be useful.

I picked up my Croc Bins on the weekend and when talking to the girl at Tentworld I asked her if they were selling?? She said that the first 70 just about ran out the door and they had to re order more. So either they are very popular (and why not) or the marketing of them has been extremely good.

I am looking forward to giving mine a workout over the xmas break and beating those pesky little blighters commonly know as flies.

Mind you I also have a Robocan and 2 fly traps as well to put into action.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Just checked with my local store, and yes they have them, so I'm off to pick one up at lunch time. Fantastic idea!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:10 pm

amanda wrote:Just checked with my local store, and yes they have them, so I'm off to pick one up at lunch time. Fantastic idea!

What a Croc Bin, a Robocan or a fly trap??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:55 pm

A Croc Bin
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:01 pm

amanda wrote:A Croc Bin

Good stuff Amanda. I bought 2 extra to give as xmas gifts to some camping friends.

I said to someone the other day 'it is amazing how excited you can get over a rubbish bin'...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:59 pm

amanda wrote:Just checked with my local store, and yes they have them, so I'm off to pick one up at lunch time. Fantastic idea!

Well I gave my Croc Bin a real work out during the last 2 weeks and I am very pleased with the performance.

I am sure you have all heard the old story about the ants circling the tupperware trying to get in... Well the same applies the the flies and the Croc Bin.

Croc Bin 100% flies nil...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CCC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:28 pm

How much do these bins retail for ? The web site does not show it
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:How much do these bins retail for ? The web site does not show it

$35.00
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Gear Guide