Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby Al&Sharon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:55 pm

hi Chick that sounds great the cds should go down brilliant. this is for the kids What about you all having a vote on which parent wins the loudest shirt and the best hula dancing mum, put in your ideas kids.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby AK_Weger » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi,

I have just checked this website out as I am a virgin camper, a single mum to an energetic and fun four year old boy, and would like to experience some great holidays with my little one on a budget and the opportunity to meet people who are up for a laugh, relaxation, and creating great memories. I have gone out today and bought a tent,and all the necessary stuff i think, but have no idea where to start hence the reason i have checked in to this site. Would it be possible for me and my little boy to perhaps join your group on some holidays?
AK_Weger
Camping King

Bill, Jan and Georgia

Postby bjg_thompson » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:24 am

Count us in, sounds great!
Bill, Jan and Georgia
bjg_thompson
Boy Scout

Postby ChallengeLee » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Count me and my man/child in, we haven't been to Bribie before.
Look forward to putting faces to nics.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Can I come tooʔ I will be back in Qld by then and funnily enough, when I arrive back up there, I am going to be staying with friends who live just before the bridge to Bribie so will be very convenient for me

As I havnt been to one of these gatherings before, how do they work eg: do we all supply our own food, or do we bring a bulk of a few different foods to share or ʔ ʔ ʔ

I sold my tent with my garage clearance sale in Vic so will have to get another one before then I guess... I need a touring tent that is not made of heavy canvas... anyone able to give me ideas as to where to get one not made of canvas as I have only come across the heavy canvas ones which are excellent but too heavy for me
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:43 pm

mystical_aussiegal wrote:As I havnt been to one of these gatherings before, how do they work eg: do we all supply our own food, or do we bring a bulk of a few different foods to share

the new person has to supply all food and alcohol for everyone :armsup

BCF might be worth a look for tents, there's a few of the shops around.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 pm

meeky wrote:
mystical_aussiegal wrote:As I havnt been to one of these gatherings before, how do they work eg: do we all supply our own food, or do we bring a bulk of a few different foods to share

oh do I mateʔʔ Might leak my bank balance but I will do {almost anything} to go camping. :grin:

Can you tell me...

should I cook it all myself or

get the army into help me or

find a nice friendly camper to helpʔ

(insert grin) :***
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Troyk wrote:My experience with Caravan Parks (mainly out west) is that the standard width of a site is 18 feet wide and you need 2 feet each side for clearence, meaning you only have 14 feet. Usually they have wider sites for wider CT's and bigger RV's. Hate to see you turn up and ya can't fit. :grin:

Just as well I am not going, my basic CT set up is 24 feet wide and that does not include ropes. Knew I did not like CPs, this is just one reason.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: fees

Postby craigo, ness and twins » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:hi every 1 the camping fees for the weekend has now been reduced from $29.50 to $25 for 2 adults and $6 for children. All camper trailers will be placed on a caravan site which will have a concrete pad I have secured tent sites next to the caravan site, dont forget its a hawiian evening saturday coloured shirts,loudest shirt wins a fantastic prize and all ladies to be invited to do the hula hula dance and the winner will get a great prize part of the fun every 1 to make their own lae (necklace) before the lads pop up with I want to make my own lay. We are still looking for muso s. Alan
I don't know if it is too late for bookings , however myself, missus and twins are keen. Will keep an eye on site for your reply. Am looking forward to it, Craigo, Ness and the terrors.
Prices sound reasonable and i have checked web site looks very kid friendly, Good choice
craigo, ness and twins

Postby ChallengeLee » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Can l add an extra person and tent to the list please...l'm bringing a friend. :)
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby bjg_thompson » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Troy,
Do we have to make a booking ourselves or has a group booking been organised?
Jan
Bill, Jan and Georgia
bjg_thompson
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:28 pm

ChallengeLee wrote:Can l add an extra person and tent to the list please...l'm bringing a friend. :)

Yep should be ok. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:31 pm

bjg_thompson wrote:Troy,
Do we have to make a booking ourselves or has a group booking been organised?
Jan

Alan, was organising it. he is over at Straddie at the moment, so i'll give him a call and see what he has done. I know he made a tentative booking of 5 sites but we are going to need more.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:36 pm

mystical_aussiegal wrote:
meeky wrote:

oh do I mateʔʔ Might leak my bank balance but I will do {almost anything} to go camping. :grin:

Can you tell me...

should I cook it all myself or

get the army into help me or

find a nice friendly camper to helpʔ

(insert grin) :***

You should be right now. Activity Dept dropped the requirement you had to do it in the nude. ;)

Its bring your own food, with the idea on the Saturday night you contribute something to a banquet. I am sure Alan will enlighten us on the details when he returns.

Troyk

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:37 pm

... as she wipes the sweat of her face .. she says.... Phew .. giggle giggle
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities