New to this site, not new to camping and miss camping heaps!

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

New to this site, not new to camping and miss camping heaps!

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been camping since I was a little girl, at "46" yrs old.. (yieks.. dont tell anyone, I will be 47 next month.. lol ) I have spent literally months of my life camping. I have done the camping and caravan park camping and the bush camping, bush camping being my favourite.

My kids have grown up and left the nest, I am seperated and miss camping more than anything else as it truly is my passion.

I am moving back to SE QLD after nearly 5 yrs in Victoria in under 2 weeks time and look forward to the "one way trip" up the Newell Hway, I wont be camping on route as I just sold my heavy canvas tent that took up lots of space in my camry wagon and was really too heavy for me to manage, though easy to put up, being a touring tent.

I am pleased I came across this forum, it does look really cool and I do hope that I can join the SE Qlders in their camping adventures.

Enjoy the nights under the stars fellow camping.com forumers :+
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you want to move to Queensland from sunny Victoria. The whether up there is awful :***
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Welcome Mystical! :grin:

Hope to see you at one of our gatherings.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Yes i am also a newbie here but not new to camping,I am on my own(apart from Fur child)so meeting up with others will be good to get me started and some confidence back into going bush again.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Blue Bravo wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you want to move to Queensland from sunny Victoria. The whether up there is awful :***

... and that is why I need to make sure I pack the heater and lecko blanket huhʔ (giggle giggle) :lol:
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:35 pm

G'day and welcome ... you Mexicans seem to like sunny QLD ... hope you like cyclones too ... :?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:46 pm

~ ~ I am going back home to Qld (insert a huge grin) ... Have been away for 5 yrs too long thanks to the collapse of Ansett

A few things I didnt miss about Qld - the king browns, the scary storms and toads!!! (giggle giggle)

nah.. all jokes aside, I have missed it since the day I left, I remember getting to Goondawindi (on that one way trip south) and I didnt wanna cross the border, my poor daughter had to edge me on.. lol, I cried most of the way to Victoria.. hard to believe it was nearly 5 yrs ago.. time flies.. even when your not having fun !!!

cant wait to do that one way trip up the Newell in under 2 weeks time!

As soon as I get there, I need a big pig out on fresh prawns and a pie with peas and tomato sauce :+
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Kramer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 am

Scolers wrote:G'day and welcome ... you Mexicans seem to like sunny QLD ... hope you like cyclones too ... :?#

Scol.

ROFL Mexicans at least they have to be better than the people who seem to be able to find their way over the bight! I like mexican food :$

Sorry Scol.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Troyk » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:23 am

Its funny how you can pick the new arrivals. They go on about cylones all the time! :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi mystical_aussiegal, welcome to the forum and in advance welcome to 47 I have been there for a few months and its not as bad as it sounds :shock:.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:29 pm

~ ~ ~ so come next month, I am not gonna wake up that *magical" morning on my birthday and find that I have heaps more wrinkles than I do nowʔ :+ You have made my day mate!!! LOL
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby bjg_thompson » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:46 am

I'm about 4 months behind you - can you let me know what happens so I can prepare myself?
Better still, if you plan on going to the Bribie Island Hawaiin fiasco, I'll be able to see the evidence for myself!
Happy Birthday for February.
Jan
Bill, Jan and Georgia
bjg_thompson
Boy Scout

Return to Groups & Activities