Saying Hi,a newbie

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Saying Hi,a newbie

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:03 pm

I have been researching lots of travelling sites mainly to get information and education on both what camp trailer to buy and check out camp places that are safe for a woman traveller and allow dogs,i have two poodles. Have done lots of tent and car camping and have travelled on group tours around Australia but now want to venture further with a half decent camp set up. Have managed to get two good books on dog campsites but will continue to search the web,have already read a few of the old posts and got some good info,my first trip is up to Normanton,i don`t want to go as far up the coast line as Cairns so will work my way up the centre.Sorry for the long post.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Welcome aboard Poodle Jewel. :grin:

Since you are in SEQ, we have a couple of forum gatherings coming up, chance to catch up with others, especially as a few of us have camper trailers and the rest, and might be able to give you good info and advice.

Details

http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=12084#12084
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:31 am

Welcome aboard!!!

Re the dogs ... given you have two books they should be of immense help for campsties ... in regard to caravan parks ... my experience (north of Gympie) is that most take dogs (EXCEPT Big 4) but not in school or peak holidays. Not sure if having two may pose a problem but most are very helpful in advising their policies.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:22 am

That sounds really good troyk,I can check out everyone elses camp gear,should be able to leave the pooches at home for that.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Another newbie to the forum - welcome :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Welcome to the site Poodle!

you're looking like a very active forumite so far :armsup
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 am

Hi there Poodle
Welcome to you and your kids
Cheers
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Re: Saying Hi,a newbie

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:I have been researching lots of travelling sites mainly to get information and education on both what camp trailer to buy and check out camp places that are safe for a woman traveller and allow dogs,i have two poodles. Have done lots of tent and car camping and have travelled on group tours around Australia but now want to venture further with a half decent camp set up. Have managed to get two good books on dog campsites but will continue to search the web,have already read a few of the old posts and got some good info,my first trip is up to Normanton,i don`t want to go as far up the coast line as Cairns so will work my way up the centre.Sorry for the long post.

Think the others have already done this but again WELCOME Poodle Jewel. You will find lots of great info on this forum.

When do you plan for your trip to Normanton??

There are any number of camper trailer manufacturers here in SEQld. You do not mention what tow vehicle you have and that will have an impact on what CT you will ultimately purchase. You also do not mention if it is a soft floor/hard floor flip over type you are seeking or the pop up type van.

I personally recommend that you find a couple of the local manufacturers and visit them telling them what your requirements are. Narrow the field on which ones you like and then spend some time with the manufacturer opening/closing the unit to see how well you can handle it.

Not all gas struts are the same and in my experience the manufacturer will better be able to assess your needs when he sees what your physical capabilities are.

Hope this gives you a bit more to think about....Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby waltzingmatilda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:24 am

Welcome Poodle and kids, Happy camping.......Cheers
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: