hi all! camping spot in gold coast area on a river

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

hi all! camping spot in gold coast area on a river

Postby hotdiggeydog » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:45 pm

can any of you fine people out there please tell me of a camping spot on a river or stream in or around the gold coast area. Have been looking for ages to no avail. :(

Thanks in advance :D

Jay

PS: A case of beer is going begging to the best suggestion!!!!!!!
:wink:
hotdiggeydog

Springbrook

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:47 pm

I know there is a nice river running up the valley but not sure about camping grounds in the area.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Dont know how far you want to go but there is a camping place on the river just outsode Canungra. Haven't been that way for quite a while and cant remember the name of it.

You might also look at http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publications/ ... l_Park.pdf This shows the National Parks.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby offroader » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Jay

I live on the Gold Coast but need to travel to camping areas. The nearest are in the Border Ranges Nat Park (northern NSW) or Mt Mee (Archer camping area). Archer has a creek next to the camping area.

Areas within about a 3 hour drive are Crows Nest Nat Park, Cressbrook Dam, Mt Mee, Kenilworth State Forest, Cooloola Nat Park, Main Range Nat Park and Lamington Nat Park (just out of Canungra).

I usually go camping once a month, so if you are interested you are welcome to tag along on my next trip (end of Feb).

I hope this helps you.

Nick
offroader
Boy Scout

Gold Coast hinterland river/stream location

Postby gqpatrol » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Don't know if it's still an option, but about 5 years ago we camped at a lovely spot on the upper Albert river called Darlington Park. It was a fairly cheap campsite south of Beaudesert on the Kerry Road. Also in this area is Burgess Park, and Stinson Park, they were available for camping, but this would need clarification. Checkout http://www.greatsoutheast.com.au or Martin Bowerman's book Camping in Southern and Central Queensland. There are also a few spots on Lion's Road between Rathdowney and Kyogle. Happy Camping :D Check this link -http://www.greatsoutheast.com.au/gse/archive/2005/2005-06-12/story01.asp
Another link - http://www.bsc.qld.gov.au/shire_informa ... mping2.pdf
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby woodsa1974 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:13 pm

HI JAYE ,

I ALSO LIVE ON THE GOLD COAST, WE ARE HAPPY CAMPERS, IF WE WANT TO GO JUST FOR A WEEKEND CLOSE TO HOME WE GO TO RATHDOWNEY, IT HAS A CREEK THERE THAT WE SWIM IN YOU CAN TAKE YOUR ANIMALS ALSO. WE HAVE NOT BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE THOUGH SO CHECK IT OUT FIRST IT DOES HAVE TOILETS HOWEVER SHOWERS IM NOT SURE THEY MAY HAVE PUT THEM IN SINCE WE HAVE BEEN THERE. rATHDOWNEY IS OUT PAST BEAUDSERT TOWARDS KOORABLYN SORRY I HOPE IM SPELLING THESE RIGHT. HEY IS YOU FIND OUT OF ANY MORE PLACES PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THERE ALSO MAY BE CAMP GROUNDS ON TAMBORINE MOUNTAIN WHICH MAY HAVE CREEKS.
cheers happy campers
woodsa1974

Postby Cheiffy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:49 am

Darlington Park is still open for camping and is quite a nice spot. We often go swiming there with the dogs. You can also drive up Duck Creek oad to OReillys or travel further south to the Stinson wreck. Woodsa, is that place you're thinking of called Flanagans Reserve? This is another nice spot located of the road between Rathdowney and Boonah.

Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby woodsa1974 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:37 am

yes cheiffy thats it flanagans reserve, i just couldn't think of it at the time i was writting the last post cheers. Darlington park what road is that on we might take a drive out there this long weekend, thanks cheiffy.
cheers happy campers
woodsa1974

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:14 am

Darlington Park is located on the road to Kerry. If you come into Beaudesert from the coast, take a sharp left at the traffic lights in front of Kentucky. Follow this road for around 15 to 20 minutes and you will cross a concrete causeway. There are a number of crossings but Darlington Park is pretty much the only one with a major clearing around it and bbq as well as a toilet block.
You can keep following this road (it ends at the national park), the scenery around here is spectacular and terrific for photos. If you do this, have a look to the ridge on your left when you come to the national park gate. There is a series of caves which look awesome.

Cheiffy
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations