NSW - Jervis Bay Cabins & Hidden Creek Camping

NSW - Jervis Bay Cabins & Hidden Creek Camping

Postby Tawny » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:45 pm

This was our first camping trip as a family. I finally persuaded DH who really prefers the comforts of a hotel/motel.

We went with 3 children (12,10, 4) weekend before Anzac day. The camp is well maintained (although I don't have anything to compare it with yet).
The toilet block was above average (as public toilets go) always clean and fresh. My only complaint was limited supply of hand soap.

We had a powered site which had a covered eating area close by. The fireplace was swept clean and the grill place was also clean - full marks.
Wood for the fires was supplied free of charge.

The office has a small supply of emergency foods and a van goes by in the AM with Milk & Bread (the bread however was stale on Saturday morning). Huskisson is just a short drive away.

The owners emphasise that this is a quiet camp and it certainly is very peaceful. In hindsight probably not the best place for the children - a bit too quiet. Ideal for a couple or people who want to enjoy the serenity!
Novice camper
Tawny

Postby Cheiffy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:37 am

Congratulations on getting out as a family and experiencing the joys of camping. Any more trips planned for the future?

Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Tawny » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:59 pm

Well now that we've invested in the tent etc- yep we'll be going again. Not sure where.

The youngest two really enjoyed themselves. 12 yr old grumbled but actually seemed to be having a good time (against her better judgement).
Friends of ours have recently purchased a caravan and their eldest is 12-yr olds best friend so we have discussed a joint trip away.

There were a few things I learnt from this trip which will help with the next - but the most important thing I've learnt from reading what others have said is "don't expect everything to go perfectly, go with the flow and enjoy the unexpected"
Novice camper
Tawny

Return to NSW