Easter Camping

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Easter Camping

Postby Scolers » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:11 am

Anyone going away this Easter?

Or if you are reading this after Easter ... did anyone go away ... ;)

We're not going for another week ... wait for all the Easter travellers to come back.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Going to my secret spot in lithgow, better still be a secret cause if theres heaps of people there i'll be, well, less than happy :evil:

Leaving satd'y morning, watching W.E.R.O.C.K - 4x4 Competition - out past Bathurst somewhere (near Rockley I think), then satd'y nite going to camp at lithgow. And have fun all sundy.

Where u goin scol?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby sketchy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:13 pm

Going away after easter, when the crowds have all pissed off... Oh, and I get my jeep back - it's in the shop at the moment. Probably head off to the Barrington Tops...
sketchy

Postby Scolers » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:41 pm

I'm off to Kalbarri which is about 600k's north of Perth. It got washed away a few months ago due to one of the many cyclones we had. All the reports indicate it has picked up but not the fishing .. :? ... only one way to find out!

I'm with Sketchy ... NEVER go away over the Easter break ... was reading an article in an outdoor mag and it said it took them 2 hours to travel 19k's last Easter ... bugga that!

Will post some pics when we get back.

Enjoy Lithgow mate!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby mytribe » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:02 pm

We came back early from our Easter camping trip.

Left on Thursday afternoon, and got back about lunch time today, cold, wet, miserable, fluey, sick, muddy, and did I mention cold and wet.

Would have been great camping except for the fact that it started raining on Thurs night and barely stopped, the kids were sick of it(alright so was I) so we came home.

Oh yeah we went up to Stockmans Reward camping spot in the Big River forest(Vic)
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:26 pm

Rain????

What's that???

Sorry Mytribe but this time of year we don't get much rain ... just cyclones if you venture too fr north.

Hope you get a decent trip soon.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby kezstar » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:25 pm

We went camping to a place near Walpole...Fernhook falls, its a great little spot some of the campsites have little makeshift huts with a pot belly stove, great if it is raining but we were pretty lucky only had light showers over the weekend! We did come home early though it was very very cold and our lil boy got sick too. :? The water was freeeeezing like ice so not much swimming was done and we were feeling pretty lazy so just chilled at the camp site most of the time. I love the biggest stress of my day having to be 'what shall we cook for tea' and 'where shall I sit to read this book'. Great place especially for the kids easy to get to! :)
kezstar :)
kezstar

Postby Scolers » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:15 am

Welcome back Kezstar!

Walpole can be like that at this time of year ... :?

I havent camped at Walpole yet ... hoping to enxt year ... we're off to Kalbarri enxt week it will be a little warmer ... my young bloke has his cold now so hopefully he'll be ok next week.

Cheers

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby runaround sue » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:46 am

I'm taking my son fishing at Warrnambool this weekend and am going to turn it into a long weekend because of Anzac Day. Been told the fishing is better when the weather is rough - I hope its true because its going to be 16 and showery on Saturday.

I hope some of those 120kg blue fin tuna that were being caught around Portland swim past the breakwall, though I think if we got one on our little surf rod they would pull us into the water!
runaround sue

Postby Kramer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 am

runaround sue wrote:I hope some of those 120kg blue fin tuna that were being caught around Portland swim past the breakwall, though I think if we got one on our little surf rod they would pull us into the water!

Yeah very true I would hate to be the por sod holding that rod!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:18 pm

We were chasing Tuna last Monday but got a Bonito ... tasted good tho'

:D

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby mytribe » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:24 pm

Hey Runaround Sue, I originally come from Warrnambool, it's lovely down there(if you don't live there).
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby runaround sue » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:52 am

Why did you leave my son would ask? He wants to move down there when he's old enough.

I'm happy to report that we caught a nice sized salmon. We also had a nice sized one on the day before but it was too heavy for my son to reel it up over the breakwall and, as he didnt want my help, it eventually broke the line and got away. I must say they are a lot of fun to catch. A couple of other guys also had one on but through bad luck the fish managed to escape.

We love going down to Warrnambool as it seem to be the only place where we catch a fish. This is now the 5th time we've been there and we always stay at the Figtree CP in a cabin for convenience and also because it has an indoor heated pool which means my son can go for a swim and I get a chance to rest up before the next fishing session.

I'm planning to spend a week down a Portland during the next school holidays so we hope we'll have a good time down there too. Planning to stay at the Claremont Holiday Village so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be as good as the Figtree. Anyway, if I dont try new places I'll never discover any hidden gems. Maybe next summer I'll take my tent out of storage and stay for a few weeks.
runaround sue

Return to General Chit-Chat