SEQ is pretty popular

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

SEQ is pretty popular

Postby will_deness » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Been reading these forum and seems a lot of queenslanders are here so idthought i'd register and say hi. Four of us here me,mrs deness and 2 10yr old boys. we use a toyota prado with a jayco flipper camper, although boys have upgraded to a coleman 3 man (for their privacy) :)
We usually like getting into the mountains with peachtrees being our fav spot, although we did just get back from a nice wet week in Ballina. always looking for the "ideal" site on the ocean with tropical rainforest walks free hot showers and unlimited firewood supplied all within half an hours drive from home. :grin:
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: SEQ is pretty popular

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:26 pm

will_deness wrote:Been reading these forum and seems a lot of queenslanders are here so idthought i'd register and say hi. Four of us here me,mrs deness and 2 10yr old boys. we use a toyota prado with a jayco flipper camper, although boys have upgraded to a coleman 3 man (for their privacy) :)
We usually like getting into the mountains with peachtrees being our fav spot, although we did just get back from a nice wet week in Ballina. always looking for the "ideal" site on the ocean with tropical rainforest walks free hot showers and unlimited firewood supplied all within half an hours drive from home. :grin:

WELCOME and when you find all these wonderful camp spots within 1/2 hour of home, you will share them with us I hope.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:20 pm

gypsylady wrote:WELCOME and when you find all these wonderful camp spots within 1/2 hour of home, you will share them with us I hope.

No way! imagine the crowds if I told every 1 :)))) /jk
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:39 pm

will_deness wrote:
gypsylady wrote:WELCOME and when you find all these wonderful camp spots within 1/2 hour of home, you will share them with us I hope.

No way! imagine the crowds if I told every 1 :)))) /jk

We'll keep it a secret....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:09 pm

welcome Mr Deenes and the whole deness family. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Welcome aboard matey :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:37 pm

You will enjoy this forum, I am a newbie also, have only been a member literally for days and people are so very warm and welcoming.

I am moving back to Qld next week from Vic and look forward to the camp at Bribie. After being away from Qld for near 5 yrs, it will be nice to meet some new people and have a group to share a campfire with, I cant wait!!!
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby will_deness » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:39 pm

Thank you!
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:33 am

Will-deness,

The gathering at bribie is open to everyone so you are more than welcome. :grin:

Details.http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=2067
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby waltzingmatilda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:18 am

Welcome Will and family, Happy Camping 8) Cheers
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: