Croc Bin for rubbish

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Croc Bin for rubbish

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:04 pm

I saw this clever bin at the recent Pre Xmas Caravan and Camping Sale in Brisbane. The concept is so simple and yet brilliant and I wonder why it took so long for someone to come up with the idea.

Not to wonder any longer, here it is, check it out for yourselves, available at Tentworld.
http://www.vibeindustries.com.au/crocbin.htm

no affiliation etc

Cheers......
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby waltzingmatilda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi gypsylady, thanks thats an excellent idea, happy camping....Cheers
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Victoria

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:08 pm

waltzingmatilda wrote:Hi gypsylady, thanks thats an excellent idea, happy camping....Cheers


I have posted comments about this on the forum after using it for 2 weeks over the xmas period if you are interested.

Happy Camping you say.... I am always Happy Camping.... wish I could do it full time. Hate this having to work stuff.....
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:08 am

gypsylady wrote:
waltzingmatilda wrote:Hi gypsylady, thanks thats an excellent idea, happy camping....Cheers


I have posted comments about this on the forum after using it for 2 weeks over the xmas period if you are interested.

Happy Camping you say.... I am always Happy Camping.... wish I could do it full time. Hate this having to work stuff.....


Heard this morning on the news where they are anticipating the phasing out of plastic bags by the end of 2008. Could put a dampener on my Croc Bin use!!
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby kazzakanary » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:17 am

We just hang a plastic bag from the tent poles and put it a sealed bucket overnight!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:01 am

kazzakanary wrote:We just hang a plastic bag from the tent poles and put it a sealed bucket overnight!


Well if plastic bags are to be done away with that will no longer be an option either....
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby will_deness » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:48 am

gypsylady wrote:Heard this morning on the news where they are anticipating the phasing out of plastic bags by the end of 2008. Could put a dampener on my Croc Bin use!!

Wouldn't that be ironic if we start buying shopping bags for our bins. we have 3-4 waste paper bins here at home that take shopping bags. IMHO plastic shopping bags are one of the most recycled items on the planet.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Ipswich SEQ

Postby amanda » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 am

I have that many I think I would last well into 2020 even if they stopped making them now.
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am

will_deness wrote:
gypsylady wrote:Heard this morning on the news where they are anticipating the phasing out of plastic bags by the end of 2008. Could put a dampener on my Croc Bin use!!

Wouldn't that be ironic if we start buying shopping bags for our bins. we have 3-4 waste paper bins here at home that take shopping bags. IMHO plastic shopping bags are one of the most recycled items on the planet.


I agree, they are and of course that is exactly what the Croc Bin was designed to take. Time will tell.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby Komodo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Plastic "shopping" bags may be phased out - and if so GOOD!

However there will always be plastic bags available. bin liners for example arent going to go paper or cotton - people hate the random bin juice that manages to escape the bin liner as it is.
I would anticipate we will see more of these "biodegradeable" plastic bags become available, and surely someone (if they havent already) will come out with a bin liner similar in size to a "shopping" bag cause theres more bins than just the "croc bin" that make use of shopping bags as bin liners.
Image
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
User avatar
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: Frankston South [VIC]

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Komodo wrote:Plastic "shopping" bags may be phased out - and if so GOOD!

However there will always be plastic bags available. bin liners for example arent going to go paper or cotton - people hate the random bin juice that manages to escape the bin liner as it is.
I would anticipate we will see more of these "biodegradeable" plastic bags become available, and surely someone (if they havent already) will come out with a bin liner similar in size to a "shopping" bag cause theres more bins than just the "croc bin" that make use of shopping bags as bin liners.


It is not just the size of the plastic bag that is an issue but they way it was designed to make use of and recyle the plastic shopping bag.

Also why should I buy a plastic bag if I can reuse something else??

I personally don't use plastic shopping bags for shopping but I still seem to collect them from other quarters and I also like to recycle them rather than just throw them out.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby will_deness » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:04 pm

It's ok our enviroment minister is on the job http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 01,00.html
Well maybe not
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 41761.html
Edit; both articles on the same google news page!
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Ipswich SEQ

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:14 pm

amanda wrote:I have that many I think I would last well into 2020 even if they stopped making them now.


Not me, I grocery shop with the environmentally friendly green shopping bags so don't get many plastic bags at all.

It is only 'other' shopping that I do that I get plastic bags from and if it is not a bag that I can re use then I leave it in the shop.

I don't have much of a supply at all.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby Cruzin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:58 am

Hi GL

My wife watched a recent "lifestyle" show which showed the making of the the "environmently friendly" green shopping bags.

They are made from re-cycled plastic...... :-bang

rgds
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
User avatar
Cruzin
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: BrisVegas Northshore

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:43 am

Cruzin wrote:Hi GL

My wife watched a recent "lifestyle" show which showed the making of the the "environmently friendly" green shopping bags.

They are made from re-cycled plastic...... :-bang

rgds


Well I suppose that really does not surprise me, at least it is something worthwhile.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Next

Return to Gear Guide

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests