Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby craigo, ness and twins » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:59 pm

yes i did the poll some time ago before i knew venue change and made my own res at surf side park. will leave it to you from here on in unless you ask otherwise. will be there for saturday only however will be getting there as early as possible and leave as late as possible. just in case required my brother's name is Lincoln and cousin Steven. Very easy going lads who are keen campers as well. looking forward to the overnighter. :?#
craigo, ness and twins

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:10 pm

No probs Craigo the more the merrier I had to move the venue due to them not having enough tent sites , Lee,Sandras tent isnt the 1 Troy put up is it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redmann/221915005/
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby ChallengeLee » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:20 pm

LOL, no Al...is a little pink two man tent she bought off ebay...but l must say just looking at that pic makes me feel like l'd be having nightmares.

I too have the air bed though, best damn air bed l ever slept on.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Re: Camping Trip 23 Feb. Bribie

Postby Troyk » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:58 pm

carvinkath wrote:Hi,

I live in Caboolture - not far for me to come. Count me in....
Camp site Thanks

Al you missed someone! :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby kazzakanary » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Kazzakanary is bring hubby Bas, and kids x 3 - still only 1 trailer site needed - Caitlin (15 pain in the butt) normally sleeps in her own tent but she can bunk with us to save room!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:56 am

hi every 1 well we have 9tent sites and 4 trailer sites some will be spread out sorry but its the best we can do with a large number we will be together for the evening though around a barby area, we need to each phone in and book if you mention you are with camping .com booking they will take your deposit its $22 dollars tel num (07) 3408 1054 we can get more sites but tents will have to go on trailer sites with a conc slab.tks Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby craigo, ness and twins » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:03 pm

All booked and ready to hawaiin rock'n'roll. have my brother and cousin comin' along in tent sites and myself in a camper. Are there any other requirements other than sweets for the table as my twin girls will probably give the sweets table a bit of a nudge? :***
craigo, ness and twins

Postby AK_Weger » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:57 pm

As i have never ever put up a tent before, would it be possible to have some help. The thought of my tent falling on us in the middle of the night due to poor construction doesn't really excite me... Could put me off future camping trips.

I am sure once i do it a few times it shall all be good.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

Louise
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 pm

AK_Weger wrote:As i have never ever put up a tent before, would it be possible to have some help. The thought of my tent falling on us in the middle of the night due to poor construction doesn't really excite me... Could put me off future camping trips.

Ta

Louise

Gee, you are asking for trouble. You'll have expert opinions flying all over the place. :grin:

Seriiously, I am sure you will have plenty of help at hand. What kind of tent do you have?
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 am

Troyk wrote:
AK_Weger wrote:As i have never ever put up a tent before, would it be possible to have some help. The thought of my tent falling on us in the middle of the night due to poor construction doesn't really excite me... Could put me off future camping trips.

Ta

Louise

Louise the guys will probably be falling all over themselves trying to help you and convince you that their way is the best way.

Seriously though, I am sure you will get all the help and advice you need, that's what camping and forum gatherings are usually all about.

The giving of advice and the sharing of ideas and experiences along with a few drinkies as well.

Cheers...

PS
If all else fails you can read the instruction guide because the guys won't want to do that.:-))
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 pm

I`m in,i will most likely go Friday as i have that day off anyway, and will have to be off Sunday morning as i usually do the afternoon shift.Will ring and book.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby AK_Weger » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:08 pm

hahahaha, so very true. maybe I would have better luck giving it a crack myself :-p

I bought a 12person tent (seemed like a good idea at the time) mind you, i don't know how on earth 12 people would be able to fit. It is only for me and my son, but i wanted to camp comfortably hahahaha. Obviously a virgin camper :-)

I will probably learn to loathe my purchase
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 pm

AK_Weger wrote:hahahaha, so very true. maybe I would have better luck giving it a crack myself :-p

I bought a 12person tent (seemed like a good idea at the time) mind you, i don't know how on earth 12 people would be able to fit. It is only for me and my son, but i wanted to camp comfortably hahahaha. Obviously a virgin camper :-)

There is nothing worse than not having enough room for yourselves and all your gear.

I reckon you will find that tent to be pretty good actually.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:32 am

AK_Weger wrote:hahahaha, so very true. maybe I would have better luck giving it a crack myself :-p

As Derek said you will find it about right. A 12 person does not fit 12 people, it will only about 4 to 6.

I think the thing that dissappoints most is their bedding. And it does become a personal choice. If you haven't got any yet, have a good look whats available, becuase there is is a great variety with air beds, stretchers, quick inflate mattresses etc. Feel free to post your questions as I am sure we have all given it a go at some stage. :grin:

Good Luck.

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:36 am

Troyk wrote:[

I think the thing that dissappoints most is their bedding. And it does become a personal choice. If you haven't got any yet, have a good look whats available, becuase there is is a great variety with air beds, stretchers, quick inflate mattresses etc. Feel free to post your questions as I am sure we have all given it a go at some stage. :grin:

Good Luck.

My recommendation for a bed is a good quality self inflating mattress. I have an Oztrail, king single for when I camp with the 'girls' in a tent. I also have a back problem and find I can sleep quite comfortably on this mattress on the ground.

I also have a queen size but find it too hard to handle when packing up which is why I went out and bought a king single.

If you are looking at purchasing a stretcher, watch the legs/feet. Some feet will pierce the tent floor so beware of that and the second thing is make sure it does not tip when sitting on the edge to get our of bed. The ones that have the U shaped legs (for the want of a better description) will tip very easily. Leg goes down one side across the floor and then back up the other side type (I am sure they have a particular name, I just do not know what it is).

Look for one that has pad like feet. Hope this helps.

Cheers GL
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities