G'day from Kiwiland!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

G'day from Kiwiland!

Postby Ponga » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Evenin' all! A Kiwi in the camp, just wanted to chime in and say hello and thank you to all the fabulous friendly people on this forum. Been reading for a while and feel as if I know some of you already. Really grateful to have found some 'likeminded' folks to have a yarn with, albeit from my Kiwi perspective. Sadly, I have been unable to find a similar site targetted specifically for Kiwi campers, but can see from reading a lot here that we share a lot in common.

Anyway, we decided at the latter part of 2007 to get back into the camping game, after not having been for over 20 years. So finally our 'shopping spree' is complete and we're all kitted out, after many weeks of researching gear, tents and the like and heading out for our first camp next weekend.

I'm sure we have a huge learning curve ahead of us, but with the aid of all that we have learned here, we feel like we're well prepared and hope we don't end up providing too much entertainment for our fellow campers. :lol:

Look forward to chatting with you all!
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:39 pm

:hello: Kia Ora!
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ponga » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:52 pm

Kia Ora Bro! :?#
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Re: G'day from Kiwiland!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Ponga wrote:Evenin' all! A Kiwi in the camp, just wanted to chime in and say hello and thank you to all the fabulous friendly people on this forum. Been reading for a while and feel as if I know some of you already. Really grateful to have found some 'likeminded' folks to have a yarn with, albeit from my Kiwi perspective. Sadly, I have been unable to find a similar site targetted specifically for Kiwi campers, but can see from reading a lot here that we share a lot in common.

Anyway, we decided at the latter part of 2007 to get back into the camping game, after not having been for over 20 years. So finally our 'shopping spree' is complete and we're all kitted out, after many weeks of researching gear, tents and the like and heading out for our first camp next weekend.

I'm sure we have a huge learning curve ahead of us, but with the aid of all that we have learned here, we feel like we're well prepared and hope we don't end up providing too much entertainment for our fellow campers. :lol:

Look forward to chatting with you all!

WELCOME Ponga to this great forum..... I am sure you will fit right in.

Cheers Gypsy.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Blue Bravo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Welcome - please keep us informed of the places you go to. Some of us have been to NZ and others will probably go some time so it may be handy to get some advanced knowledge.

Mrs Bravo and I spent 3 weeks in a camper avn a few years ago. Loved the facilites, small and friendly and not the mega complexes some caravan parks in Aus have become :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:59 pm

G'day Ponga. :grin:

Post away on NZ, you just might attract some over keen kiwi campers to follow suit. :?#
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Ponga » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks for your lovely welcomes, I'm pleased to have found a good bunch of friendly people on your forum. You really do have a good helpful community spirit here.

Our first trip is to Raglan for the long weekend, so I'll sure come back and tell you how we get on, weather permitting of course. We're taking a bit battering here tonight with more to come tomorrow as Cyclone Funa makes it's way down . I certainly wouldn't want to be out in any tent at the moment.
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby HGMonaro » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:33 am

G'day Ponga!

We're currently contemplating a Kiwi holiday (for next year). Hopeing to hire a campervan and tour the countryside! Might have to hit you up for some local knowledge!

Cheers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey Ponga, welcome to the forum. No forum is complete without the token Kiwi or two :lol:. Perhaps we can appoint you the official tourism board for New Zealand. You show us yours and we'll show you ours; uhh Counties that is.
:***
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Ponga » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:09 pm

HGMonaro wrote:G'day Ponga!

We're currently contemplating a Kiwi holiday (for next year). Hopeing to hire a campervan and tour the countryside! Might have to hit you up for some local knowledge!

Cheers, Nige

Hi Nige, feel free!

The first bit of advice to start you off; for some reason the majority of people pick up a van in Auckland, head South and drop off in Christchurch. If you do the reverse you are likely to get better prices and availability. They often offer them out at stupid low prices when they're running short and desperate to get them back up North.
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Re: Welcome

Postby Ponga » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Activity_Dept wrote:Hey Ponga, welcome to the forum. No forum is complete without the token Kiwi or two :lol:. Perhaps we can appoint you the official tourism board for New Zealand. You show us yours and we'll show you ours; uhh Counties that is.
:***

Thanks 'Admin Guy' does the appointment come with a megabucks expense account and lots of overseas travel? :armsup
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby HGMonaro » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:11 am

Ponga wrote:The first bit of advice to start you off; for some reason the majority of people pick up a van in Auckland, head South and drop off in Christchurch. If you do the reverse you are likely to get better prices and availability. They often offer them out at stupid low prices when they're running short and desperate to get them back up North.

Excellent tip! I'll start another thread at some stage.

Nige.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Return to Introductions: