Samurai Beach (newcastle NSW)!!!

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 pm

I would have gone but Mrs Bravo said I had to stay home and cut the grass that weekend - damn :lol:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:47 pm

cokebottle wrote:
Well I'll just have to "bare" it for you then! :booty

Michael

Well unless you look like George Cloony best you keep your clobber on I think.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 am

HEY! no fair! I should be the correspondant, just look at my avatar :***

Besides we are already going anyway, we have booked in at a local van park to stay overnight one night :?# :booty :booty :booty :booty :booty

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:35 am

All yours Michael. :grin:

Unless people at the Bribie Gathering, start getting their kit off, I wont have much to report.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Samuri Beach festival report

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 am

Here is my report on the Samurai Beach nude festival:

We left at about 8am from the Mountains (wanted to leave at 7am) hit some rain at the bottom of Lake Macquarie, then the rain really poured down from Hexham all the way to about 10 mins from our destination.

The rain had eased off by the time we reached the Middle Rock caravan park (Anna Bay) at about 12Pm thinking the campsite would be very muddy I asked if any vans were available, answer was no, but they assured me as the camp ground was on sand it had good drainage so we would be ok.

Well, with some trepidation I paid my money ($30 + $10 key deposit) & drove to the back of the van park, only to find a huge grassy area with heaps of trees & a little bit of water in places, but overall not water logged at all :grin:

I was instructed I could camp anywhere around the outside of the grassed clearing, I picked a spot with a good flat area next to a tap & away from everyone else (was about 10-15 other campers, in tents/vans & camper trailers)

We thought it was a fantastic camp site, sheltered from the coastal winds by a big hill to the east, very shady, great grassed area with a volley ball net & playground for the kids, the facilities were good too, hot showers & toilets very clean, as you would expect from a van park 8)

After lunch we hit the beach, it is a bout a 10 min walk down to the beach from a track off the the van park, but I went right instead of left & ended up on One Mile beach, then had to scramble/drag 3 kids & my fiancee across the rocky headland and down onto Samurai Beach,

There was at least 50 4wd's there, they even had a life saver on duty with a rubber boat, I took the opportunity to have my photo taken to match my avatar.

We had a bit of a frolic in the water, it came out quite sunny for a while, we did not mix with the groups of nudists, they all seemed to be in a tight knit club thing, I did ask a couple of people about what the quickest way back to the van park was, it was either walk back over the rocks or back up the 4wd track, one guy pointed out a track up a sand hill & said to walk straight up there, we did & ended up at a dead end ::()

So we walked back to the 4wd track & walked out that way.

got back to camp & relaxed while the kids played tennis & then started getting dinner ready, tested out my Kmart camp kitchen, it is a little low, but so am I (about 5' 4")

Notice the essential cooking fuel on the left hand side of the bench?

For dinner we had meat patties with mash potato (deb)& gravy/peas/corn & carrots, also cooked onions but forgot to dish them up & had to have them as 2nd course :***

Afterwards my fiancee did the washing up via gas light

Had a malfunction with the new gas lamp, I tested the light itself before we went but not with the stove connected to the T piece, turned out the tap leaks out from the spindle, so I could not cook & have the light on at the same time :shock: have to take it back to Kmart for a replacement!

We had a great time!

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: Samuri Beach festival report

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:58 am

cokebottle wrote:Here is my report on the Samurai Beach nude festival:

We left at about 8am from the Mountains (wanted to leave at 7am) hit some rain at the bottom of Lake Macquarie, then the rain really poured down from Hexham all the way to about 10 mins from our destination.

The rain had eased off by the time we reached the Middle Rock caravan park (Anna Bay) at about 12Pm thinking the campsite would be very muddy I asked if any vans were available, answer was no, but they assured me as the camp ground was on sand it had good drainage so we would be ok.

Well, with some trepidation I paid my money ($30 + $10 key deposit) & drove to the back of the van park, only to find a huge grassy area with heaps of trees & a little bit of water in places, but overall not water logged at all :grin:

I was instructed I could camp anywhere around the outside of the grassed clearing, I picked a spot with a good flat area next to a tap & away from everyone else (was about 10-15 other campers, in tents/vans & camper trailers)

We thought it was a fantastic camp site, sheltered from the coastal winds by a big hill to the east, very shady, great grassed area with a volley ball net & playground for the kids, the facilities were good too, hot showers & toilets very clean, as you would expect from a van park 8)

After lunch we hit the beach, it is a bout a 10 min walk down to the beach from a track off the the van park, but I went right instead of left & ended up on One Mile beach, then had to scramble/drag 3 kids & my fiancee across the rocky headland and down onto Samurai Beach,

There was at least 50 4wd's there, they even had a life saver on duty with a rubber boat, I took the opportunity to have my photo taken to match my avatar.

We had a bit of a frolic in the water, it came out quite sunny for a while, we did not mix with the groups of nudists, they all seemed to be in a tight knit club thing, I did ask a couple of people about what the quickest way back to the van park was, it was either walk back over the rocks or back up the 4wd track, one guy pointed out a track up a sand hill & said to walk straight up there, we did & ended up at a dead end ::()

So we walked back to the 4wd track & walked out that way.

got back to camp & relaxed while the kids played tennis & then started getting dinner ready, tested out my Kmart camp kitchen, it is a little low, but so am I (about 5' 4")

Notice the essential cooking fuel on the left hand side of the bench?

For dinner we had meat patties with mash potato (deb)& gravy/peas/corn & carrots, also cooked onions but forgot to dish them up & had to have them as 2nd course :***

Afterwards my fiancee did the washing up via gas light

Had a malfunction with the new gas lamp, I tested the light itself before we went but not with the stove connected to the T piece, turned out the tap leaks out from the spindle, so I could not cook & have the light on at the same time :shock: have to take it back to Kmart for a replacement!

We had a great time!

Michael

Thanks for a great report Michael, looks like a nice campground too. Glad to hear that overall you had a great weekend.

Cheers
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:53 am

Forgot to mention about the Koala's! during the night they could be heard grunting & growling, at times it sounded like a pack of wild boar's :***

Next morning we spotted one asleep in a tree near our tent

Great camping site for kids! also saw frogs/Kookaburra's & numerous parrots.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 am

cokebottle wrote:Forgot to mention about the Koala's! during the night they could be heard grunting & growling, at times it sounded like a pack of wild boar's :***

Next morning we spotted one asleep in a tree near our tent

Michael

Maybe you should have thumped about and kept him awake...

One Easter camp that I organised we had a knowledgable froggy person camping with us and one evening he took all the kids up the creek to check out the local frog population.

The kids thought it was fatastic and off they all trudged each with a torch and resplendent in their wellies to search for frogs.

Even the adults found it fascinating and it was the topic of conversation for quite some time after the event. A great time was had by all.

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CCC » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:26 pm

:+ :+ :+ that was a very good report Michael

and thankyou for your pics, now i can see what the KMart camp kitchen looks like. You maybe able to get some PVC piping slightly bigger than the legs to extend the height ... My Brother in law has done this to some of their camping equipment and works well.

The scenery was very good too 8)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:: You maybe able to get some PVC piping slightly bigger than the legs to extend the height ...

That is a good idea, I had wooden blocks with holes recessed into the top of them to stand my table on so that it was high enough.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:09 pm

cokebottle wrote:Forgot to mention about the Koala's! during the night they could be heard grunting & growling, at times it sounded like a pack of wild boar's :***

Noisy buggers! We have them living in the bush behind our house, so this is pretty regular for us. 8)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Ponga » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Posted twice.. sorry!
Last edited by Ponga on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Ponga » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:56 pm

That was an excellent report and great photos. Loving the koala too, actually next time can you get me one?

cokebottle wrote:We had a bit of a frolic in the water, it came out quite sunny for a while, we did not mix with the groups of nudists, they all seemed to be in a tight knit club thing

They were probably just being wary of fully clothed blokes, pointing cameras in their direction. Next time get yer kit of and they'll welcome you with open arms. If you can't beat them join them. :***
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby cokebottle » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:16 am

Ponga wrote:That was an excellent report and great photos. Loving the koala too, actually next time can you get me one?

I'll get you a Koala as long as you get me one of those Kiwi birds, I've heard they taste just like Chicken? :***

They were probably just being wary of fully clothed blokes, pointing cameras in their direction. Next time get yer kit of and they'll welcome you with open arms. If you can't beat them join them. :***

What do you mean, fully clothed? I was nude! that's me in the sombrero! we are always nude on nude beaches :?# I was talking to another nudist who camped near us & he said the same thing, that the groups were all sticking together in their little circles, I did have a chat to the editor of the Sun & Health nudist magazine though & she was quite friendly.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Ponga » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:56 pm

cokebottle wrote:I'll get you a Koala as long as you get me one of those Kiwi birds, I've heard they taste just like Chicken? :***

Here's the recipe and instructions for preparing the perfect kiwi:

http://marbella.to/humour/dec00/kiwi.jpg
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

PreviousNext

Return to NSW