Hey All!!! A new girl to this place!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

hey

Postby Frilly » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:55 pm

Hey All! Thanks for the great wishes!!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi Frilly
Hello and welcome. Your right this is a fantastic site and you will learn lots of interesting things.
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Another Girl

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi Frilly, i know your post is a couple of months old,but i have only just joined. I am also a single woman,i used to camp all the time 15 or so years ago and am getting back into it now with my two fur kids (poodles). :) Being on my own i always make sure i camp in places that are supervised or have a ranger around,years ago i would go bush but i think it has changed and it is too risky,anyway you never know who else is travelling the same way some times you can buddy up with other travellers.Best of luck.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Frilly » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 am

thanks Poodle Jewel!! great advice and yes I always stay somewhere with people about... if I feel weird about the place I leave. Happy Camping Jewel!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:14 am

Frilly wrote:thanks Poodle Jewel!! great advice and yes I always stay somewhere with people about... if I feel weird about the place I leave. Happy Camping Jewel!

That is very sensible advice.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Frilly wrote:thanks Poodle Jewel!! great advice and yes I always stay somewhere with people about... if I feel weird about the place I leave. Happy Camping Jewel!

You could always come to one of our gatherings. You did start it remember. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Troyk wrote:
You could always come to one of our gatherings. You did start it remember. :grin: :grin: :grin:

With your new title Troy, I am a wee bit concerned about attending any of your gatherings.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Barby-Q » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:58 am

I agree , I think it may put a lot of people off attending outings .Not a good joke when your trying to get family orientated group together.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:43 am

I fail to see why ... it's all in good fun and nothing meant by it.

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 am

Scolers wrote:I fail to see why ... it's all in good fun and nothing meant by it.

8)

Scol.

Newcomers might not necessarily see it that way though Scol. And whilst I was only joking in what I said, others may not see it that way.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:23 am

Ozzy changed it as a joke. I have PM him to ask him to change it back.

I apologise if it offended.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Scolers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:40 am

gypsylady wrote:
Scolers wrote:I fail to see why ... it's all in good fun and nothing meant by it.

8)

Scol.

Newcomers might not necessarily see it that way though Scol. And whilst I was only joking in what I said, others may not see it that way.

I understand and thought that was the way you had taken it ... but if people are offended by something as basic as that then I reckon they need to go out camping more, or maybe just get out. Things like that are very basic when compared to some bun fights that occur on the 'net ... :shock:

Troy ... no need for you to apologise ... the whole thing was in jest and that was the way it was taken by most.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Scolers wrote:
I understand and thought that was the way you had taken it ... but if people are offended by something as basic as that then I reckon they need to go out camping more, or maybe just get out. Things like that are very basic when compared to some bun fights that occur on the 'net ... :shock:

Troy ... no need for you to apologise ... the whole thing was in jest and that was the way it was taken by most.

Scol.

It is quite amazing what some people will be offended by these days and how 'politically correct' this society has become. From my point of view it has all become way over the top.

I reckon we should just be allowed to get on with it and not worry about all the nonense that seems to be going on.

Whilst it is probably a good idea to remove the title it is not me who is offended Troy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 am

I did not get offended by what was written ,I thought it was funny at the time but it just went to far and thought that may put people off .
Just think about it as a newcomers may see it , camping with a group that you dont know ,you can take your family camping anywhere and meet nice people ,why risk camping with camping .com. Putting people off posting stuff that may put doubts in peoples minds is not going to help.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:48 am

If I was a newcomer and saw it I'd have a laugh. If a newcomer saw it and was offended then they shouldn't join up. I wouldn't want to go camping with someone who couldn't laugh at a simple, non ofensive statement.

Even if they didn't go camping and just contributed to the forum would I have to watch my p's and q's just because they might get offended.

Why should the majority (who have been here for a fair while) have to change for just one person (who hasn't joined up yet becuase apparently no-one is offended by the title) on the offchance they get offended?

Plain and simple.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions: