Hey All!!! A new girl to this place!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

wowsers!

Postby Frilly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 am

Wow! Gee a lot has happened on my thread since last time I checked! I agree Scolers... people should get a grip and have a laugh!! If they don't 'get it' I'm sure there are other sites or places they could visit. Most times if they are easily offended they don't join up in forum chats anyway. Chill everyone and yes Troyk I am endeavoring to get to some of the camps I started the interest in!!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 am

Onya Frilly!

:?#

BTW

Apologies that the thread has taken a different turn ... oops ... :-bang

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 am

Scolers wrote:If I was a newcomer and saw it I'd have a laugh. If a newcomer saw it and was offended then they shouldn't join up. I wouldn't want to go camping with someone who couldn't laugh at a simple, non ofensive statement.

Even if they didn't go camping and just contributed to the forum would I have to watch my p's and q's just because they might get offended.

Why should the majority (who have been here for a fair while) have to change for just one person (who hasn't joined up yet becuase apparently no-one is offended by the title) on the offchance they get offended?

Plain and simple.

Scol.

It may not be just one person you are talking of here Scol, it could be any number of potential new members and I think what Andy is talking about is 'perception'.

Yes there are any number of us who have been around for a while and who take it the way it was meant but that may not be the perception of newcomers.

And it is not a case of watching your 'p's and q's' either and no one is asking for the 'majority' to change anything.

Personally I think that the whole thing has been blown way out of porportion but it does just go to show how one person's viewpoint is different to anothers.

And to be very frank with you Scol, I don't think you can honestly say how you would react as any or all nerwcomers would.

You and I have both been around the block way too many times to see something like this through the eyes of a newcomer who may not be as experienced in life as we and many others on this forum are.

I have not read all the following posts on this matter but I do think it should be 'put to bed' and lets get on with the things we all like chatting about.

Cheers to everyone....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 am

If you havent read the posts then you wouldn't have seen where I apologised to Frilly given we hijacked her thread and thought thaty would have ended the matter ... perhaps start a new thread if you wish this topic to continue ... and maybe Admin can delete the 'off topic' posts.

Again, apologies to Frilly.

Scol.
Last edited by Scolers on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:47 am

HOW ABOUT WE DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND, CALL A TRUCE AND MAKE NO MORE POSTS ON THE MATTER! ::)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:48 am

Troyk wrote:HOW ABOUT WE DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND, CALL A TRUCE AND MAKE NO MORE POSTS ON THE MATTER! ::)

And we can delete this post too ... :$
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:55 am

.... but I have been working hard on my post count! :(

....... nearly half way to catching you. :booty
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:07 am

Troyk wrote:.... but I have been working hard on my post count! :(

....... nearly half way to catching you. :booty

You mean it's a race!

Damn ... just find a post where the user is no longer active and hijack it to bits.

:?#
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

settle petals!

Postby Frilly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:39 pm

hey all! I don't mind you have hijacked my forum at all... no worries Scolers! I like a bit of banter and luckily we live in a country that condones free speech. How about we appreciate that and the fact we live in a beautiful country that we can camp anywhere at anytime... and thats all there is to it cause its my thread!!! Hehe..
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Re: settle petals!

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Frilly wrote:hey all! I don't mind you have hijacked my forum at all... no worries Scolers! I like a bit of banter and luckily we live in a country that condones free speech. How about we appreciate that and the fact we live in a beautiful country that we can camp anywhere at anytime... and thats all there is to it cause its my thread!!! Hehe..

:***

Not sure about the 'camp anywhere' bit tho' ... Burnett Shire don't want you camping anywhere near them!

:shock:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

??

Postby Frilly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:32 pm

I thought you could camp at Burrum Coast National Park-Kinkuna Section??
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:37 pm

It's all closed ... I think (not too sure) they re opened Norville Park but can't be positive on that.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:16 pm

I'd have thought a certain someone's avatar would be more offensive than that flamin name :roll:

But anyway, your wish is my command. Or something like that :mrgreen:

And a belated welcome Frilly, even if you are ANOTHER!!! Queenslander :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby stevo. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 pm

damn, i missed out on the debate, although looks like everyone agreed anyway, gees you people don';t know how to fight properly :$
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Well I feel that I have to be nice and diplomatic about it cause I got admin privileges.

Maybe I should sign up another user name and raise hell :twisted:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions: