Virgin camper with son

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby AK_Weger » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:30 pm

My name is Louise . I get all confused by the computer lingo :-)

[/list]
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:17 am

hi Louise try make the gathering it will be a fun weekend lots of the girls like a tipple HA ha ha opps sorry Sharon and Mandy dont mean falling over,ha ha ha . Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby AK_Weger » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 pm

Yep, definately in :-)

Can't wait.

I have a tent too, I think I have to mention to the person booking sites.
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby AK_Weger » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Checked out the shark park video... Looked like loads of fun.....

That looked like a damn good apple cake Al... You would have had my vote :-)
AK_Weger
Camping King

Re: Virgin camper with son

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:39 pm

AK_Weger wrote:Hi,

I have just checked this website out as I am a virgin camper, a single mum to an energetic and fun four year old boy, and would like to experience some great holidays with my little one on a budget and the opportunity to meet people who are up for a laugh, relaxation, and creating great memories. I have gone out today and bought a tent,and all the necessary stuff i think, but have no idea where to start hence the reason i have checked in to this site. Would it be possible for me and my little boy to perhaps join your group on some holidays?

What a wonderful thing you are doing by introducing your little fella to camping. I am sure it will provide you both with some great memories in the years to come.

There is so much to learn about camping and the internet is a fantastic medium for this.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm

G'day Louise.

If you are looking for somewhere for Easter try the Settlement at Springbrook National APrk. Quite civilised there, nearby there are a couple of coffee shops and a number of natural attractions. Purlingbrook falls is just a short from the campground. Though it could be cool at night.

The campground has toilets, and a camp kitchen. Just doesn't have showers but you can take your own or a friendly forum member could lend you theirs. :grin:

There are only 9 sites so its not busy, and there are still sites available.

Cost is $4.50 per person, kids under 5 free.

You can book here.https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gds/IAGDS050.jsp?quickParkId=6

I did a write up here if you need more information. http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1663

Just a suggestion. :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Hey Louise!!

Postby Frilly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Hey Louise! I too am a single mum, living at Birkdale, and am planning on going to the Bribie camp (haven't let anyone know yet!!) Hope to see you there!

Tammy.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:22 pm

G'day Frilly, gee Birkdale is a real member hotspot, we must have at least 4 or 5 members out there.

For Bribie just ring the caravan park direct to book.Don't worry about posting here. I wouldn't leave it too late though as it can still be busy this time of the year. Hope to see you there. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AK_Weger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Sounds good :-) we are booked for both Friday and Saturday. All paid for now so I can't chicken out haha
AK_Weger
Camping King

Previous

Return to Introductions: