Lake Maraboon Holiday Village - Emerald Qld

Lake Maraboon Holiday Village - Emerald Qld

Postby gqpatrol » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:48 pm

:evil: After staying at this park over Easter, we were very disappointed.
Lake Maraboon Holiday Village - Easter weekend

A lovely place, but poorly managed! Very disappointed to find the advertised "camp kitchen" (an over-rated bbq area) suffering bbq failure over a busy weekend, (for over 24 hours) and left my family having to go to a public park, light a fire, and cook our bbq tea in the dark. Just as well we are the resourceful type! Apparently the plate was 'warped' from someone leaving the burners on all night. (Too stingy to refill the gas.) I thought their job was to ensure the function of facilities 24/7. The sign on your counter states that complaints may result in bodily harm, so we were hardly going to be forthcoming with constructive criticism. My shower flooded up to my ankles one morning, not pleasant. (An email complaint said I must have had my foot on the drain!) (Did not!) After speaking with several other holiday makers, we found that they had also been victim to sloppy management, and smart ar$e attitude. All this for over $30 a night for a powered site. What sort of standard is required to be a top tourist park? Not very high in this case. I guess they must pay a membership fee every year.
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby Cheiffy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:43 am

This certainly sounds like poor service. Did you send a complaint through to the associations they belong to? It makes bush camping all the more attractive doesnt it?

Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Cheiffy wrote:This certainly sounds like poor service. Did you send a complaint through to the associations they belong to? It makes bush camping all the more attractive doesnt it?

Cheiffy

8)
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Lake Maraboon Holiday Village - Emerald Qld.

Postby gqpatrol » Sun May 07, 2006 9:39 am

Yes sent complaints to top tourist parks,qld caravan parks website, racq travel etc etc. So I reckon they might be getting a few prods right now. Yes, much prefer bush camping too.
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Return to Queensland