KMart - 25% off Camping and Fishing Gear

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 am

Kramer wrote:Went to grab one of those today Derek but none there :( In Gladstone that is the missus bought a porta potty though and I told her she is going to be the only one to use it cause be buggered if I am going to empty one of those :shock:

Your are a sook Kramer, there is nothing to it with the new ones.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Kramer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:04 pm

gypsylady wrote:
Kramer wrote:Went to grab one of those today Derek but none there :( In Gladstone that is the missus bought a porta potty though and I told her she is going to be the only one to use it cause be buggered if I am going to empty one of those :shock:

Your are a sook Kramer, there is nothing to it with the new ones.

My name is Kramer not Kenny so I don't do the emptying :armsup
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Kramer wrote:
You are a sook Kramer, there is nothing to it with the new ones.

My name is Kramer not Kenny so I don't do the emptying :armsup[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance but who is Kenny, obviously my education is sadly lacking!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ponga » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Even I know who kenny is! :shock:
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby amanda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Come on Gyspy - don't tell me you don't know Kenny the dunny man??? There was a movie out last year sometime called Kenny about a portable toilet contractor. If you haven't seen it get it out on DVD and enjoy a good laugh.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby CCC » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:55 pm

:*** go Kenny :armsup bunch of muppets :*** :*** :***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:59 pm

amanda wrote:Come on Gyspy - don't tell me you don't know Kenny the dunny man??? There was a movie out last year sometime called Kenny about a portable toilet contractor. If you haven't seen it get it out on DVD and enjoy a good laugh.

Sorry, have never seen it or heard of this Kenny. Does he have a second name??

I should say that I normally aspire to greater things than movies about some guy and his porta loo.

I am game if you are, tell me about Kenny.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 pm

The movie is just called "Kenny". The poor guy is actually a very decent, caring bloke who happens to have, quite literally, a sh*t life, along with a very strong lisping problem. His ex-wife is a nightmare, as is his insufferable father, a pompous brother, and just because he's a "dunny man" people in general treat him with absolutely no respect. It's an Australian movie and while highly entertaining and enjoyable, it does bring home a subtle moral story about how we treat one another according to social status. Well worth a look.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby cokebottle » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:57 pm

amanda wrote:The movie is just called "Kenny". The poor guy is actually a very decent, caring bloke who happens to have, quite literally, a sh*t life, along with a very strong lisping problem. His ex-wife is a nightmare, as is his insufferable father, a pompous brother, and just because he's a "dunny man" people in general treat him with absolutely no respect. It's an Australian movie and while highly entertaining and enjoyable, it does bring home a subtle moral story about how we treat one another according to social status. Well worth a look.

Sounds like me, except for the part about being a dunny man with a lisp :*** :*** :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 pm

I suppose you could get the DVD of Kenny at K Mart whilst looking at the camping gear :lol:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:31 am

amanda wrote:The movie is just called "Kenny". The poor guy is actually a very decent, caring bloke who happens to have, quite literally, a sh*t life, along with a very strong lisping problem. His ex-wife is a nightmare, as is his insufferable father, a pompous brother, and just because he's a "dunny man" people in general treat him with absolutely no respect. It's an Australian movie and while highly entertaining and enjoyable, it does bring home a subtle moral story about how we treat one another according to social status. Well worth a look.

Thanks Amanda, might look it up on the web. That social status thing gets right up my nose, IMO you treat people as people and react to them as you find them.

I cannot believe how judgemental and intolerant people (in general) are of others and their ways/beliefs.

People don't seem to be able to agree to disagree.

Cheers Gypsy....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:32 am

Blue Bravo wrote:I suppose you could get the DVD of Kenny at K Mart whilst looking at the camping gear :lol:

Not sure that I would want to buy it, thanks for the thought though.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:44 am

gypsylady wrote:Thanks Amanda, might look it up on the web. That social status thing gets right up my nose, IMO you treat people as people and react to them as you find them.

I cannot believe how judgemental and intolerant people (in general) are of others and their ways/beliefs.

Cheers Gypsy....

You could start a whole new thread on that topic alone ... or do a poll even! :lol:

Speaking of intolerance ... you should ave watched 'Top Gear' on Monday night ... the alds from the show were nearly lynched ... along with their camera crew due to Americans from the 'deep south' and their intolerance ... quite scarey really.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Troyk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 am

Scolers wrote:
gypsylady wrote:Thanks Amanda, might look it up on the web. That social status thing gets right up my nose, IMO you treat people as people and react to them as you find them.

Cheers Gypsy....

You could start a whole new thread on that topic alone ... or do a poll even! :lol:

Speaking of intolerance ... you should ave watched 'Top Gear' on Monday night ... the alds from the show were nearly lynched ... along with their camera crew due to Americans from the 'deep south' and their intolerance ... quite scarey really.

Scol.

Yeah but it was so funny. I love the bit where the woman was yelling "don't you know this is a hick town!"
:***
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:08 am

Scolers wrote:
... or do a poll even! :lol:

Scol.

Thanks Scol, will give it some thought...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Guide