KMart - 25% off Camping and Fishing Gear

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Postby amanda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 am

Amazing how this thread started off about 25% off at K Mart and has ended being about pooh.
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:20 am

amanda wrote:Amazing how this thread started off about 25% off at K Mart and has ended being about pooh.


It blows me out how most of the threads seem to get hijacked...

Which brings me to my next question and totally off subject again....please tell me why I can edit/delete some my posts in some threads and not others??
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 am

Troyk wrote:
Yeah but it was so funny. I love the bit where the woman was yelling "don't you know this is a hick town!"
:***


And then said "I'm going to get the 'boys'" ... see Clarkson do a bolt!

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Not in residence

Postby cokebottle » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:54 pm

gypsylady wrote:please tell me why I can edit/delete some my posts in some threads and not others??


I run the same software as this forum on our work intranet & once someone answers your post you can not delete it, you should be able to edit it but.

As for not being able to edit a post at all, see if the thread has been locked.

Michael
User avatar
cokebottle
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 pm

cokebottle wrote:
As for not being able to edit a post at all, see if the thread has been locked.

Michael


And how would I know that Michael??

This is one of those threads where I get the message about both.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby CCC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:44 pm

gypsylady wrote:This is one of those threads where I get the message about both.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum


That is the way Admin for this site have set it up GL

They can control the panel which can move a post, lock/ unlock a post, make a thread sticky ( which sticks it at the top of the section under announcements) or make an anouncement ( which stay at the top of each section) , edit or delete a post ...

Unfortunately certain sections on this board are blocked from members editing their own posts ... although some moderators and all admin can do so.

It is a whole different scene behind the scenes of a site like this.

Michael is also right with deleting your own post .... unless it has also been blocked ... if your post is last, you are usually able to delete it.

I hope this helps
User avatar
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:
gypsylady wrote:This is one of those threads where I get the message about both.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum


That is the way Admin for this site have set it up GL

They can control the panel which can move a post, lock/ unlock a post, make a thread sticky ( which sticks it at the top of the section under announcements) or make an anouncement ( which stay at the top of each section) , edit or delete a post ...

Unfortunately certain sections on this board are blocked from members editing their own posts ... although some moderators and all admin can do so.

It is a whole different scene behind the scenes of a site like this.

Michael is also right with deleting your own post .... unless it has also been blocked ... if your post is last, you are usually able to delete it.

I hope this helps


This particular thread has not allowed me either option from the very first but most others seem to be ok.

It was not the delete option I was interested in, more the edit option.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby CCC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:59 pm

mine can not edit either. Its the way they have set the panel for the alert section ... maybe bring it up with Admin as a sugestion to allow it for members ?
User avatar
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:mine can not edit either. Its the way they have set the panel for the alert section ... maybe bring it up with Admin as a sugestion to allow it for members ?


So you think it is only related the the "Alerts'??
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby CCC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:06 pm

yes I think so ... but i have not checked all the other sections one by one to be sure.

Have you only found this to be in the Alert section yourself?
User avatar
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:18 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:yes I think so ... but i have not checked all the other sections one by one to be sure.

Have you only found this to be in the Alert section yourself?


Have not really noticed which one/s other than this particular thread. I originaly thought it might have been related to the number of posts one had but obviously that is not so.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby CCC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Here is a run down on the different sections and what Admin have allowed and not allowed general members to do to their own posts :

Questions & Comments About the Camping Site and Forum.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Alerts
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Introductions:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Australian Park Reviews
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Camping Locations, Tips, General.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

RVers, Campervanning etc.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Groups, 4WD, Social Events etc.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

General Chit-Chat
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Gear Guide
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Camping Shop
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Buy Sell or Trade
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Outdoor Industry Employment Wanted | Offered.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
User avatar
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:Here is a run down on the different sections and what Admin have allowed and not allowed general members to do to their own posts :

Questions & Comments About the Camping Site and Forum.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Alerts
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Introductions:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Australian Park Reviews
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Camping Locations, Tips, General.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

RVers, Campervanning etc.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Groups, 4WD, Social Events etc.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

General Chit-Chat
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Gear Guide
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Camping Shop
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Buy Sell or Trade
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Outdoor Industry Employment Wanted | Offered.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum


That is GREAT, thanks a heap. Interesting to see how few of your own posts that you as the author can delete. Also curious as to why specific headings have been chosen and not others??

And you are right, it is only under the Alerts header that you are unable to delete/edit your own posts.


Thanks again CCC
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby cokebottle » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks Central Coast Campers, on my forum I am the moderator, site admin & only poster at the moment, I have set it up so our technicians spread over 3 sites (out of the 6 we have) can keep up to date on technical info.

But I so far only one or two guys here who have actually looked at it but not needed to post on it :? it was hailed as a great idea at the time I launched it. :--?

Michael
User avatar
cokebottle
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW

Postby CCC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 pm

I dont think your've ran your site past us Michael... is it something to do with camping ? I wouldnt mind having a peek
User avatar
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Guide

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron