Depressed...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Depressed...

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon May 08, 2006 7:33 pm

I was supposed to be hiking down the south coast this weekend just gone, but, somethings came up and it didn't happen... now I have to wait another 25 days till my next camping trip :cry: Thats all :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby mytribe » Mon May 08, 2006 9:50 pm

At least you only have to wait 25 days, we have to wait until September at least. No camping in the cold and wet for this little bunny.
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Kramer » Tue May 09, 2006 11:06 am

I won't be camping until september :( Missus is a nurse and only has holidays in September!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Tue May 09, 2006 3:18 pm

Just come back from camping and would be going next weekend but have 'family' stuff to do. Next trip is July.

But this is more depressing; A mate of mine was 4wd'ing with a club. The ranger pulls them up and says: "You 4wd is wreccking the environment. Go somehwere else ... " and now for the punchline, " this area is going to be logged".

Huh?

Wha?

How can 4wd'ing be more destrcutive than logging?

I'm seriously concenred abut that sort of mentality.

:evil:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue May 09, 2006 7:30 pm

Scolers wrote:Just come back from camping and would be going next weekend but have 'family' stuff to do. Next trip is July.

But this is more depressing; A mate of mine was 4wd'ing with a club. The ranger pulls them up and says: "You 4wd is wreccking the environment. Go somehwere else ... " and now for the punchline, " this area is going to be logged".

Huh?

Wha?

How can 4wd'ing be more destrcutive than logging?

I'm seriously concenred abut that sort of mentality.

:evil:

Scol.

:lol: :evil: :lol: :evil: :evil: :lol:

Ok, so I just read that, laughed... thought about it, got angry... re-read it, laughed again, then thought about it for a sec, and got angry... now after thinking about it summore i'm laughing again.

As sad as it is, it just goes to show the stupidty of people when they get a little badge and a bit of 'power' with it. They just love to be able to tell someone to do something, wether it makes sense or not :roll:

Example, me and a few friends (10-20 of us usually, all ages) play a friendly game of soccer at the local sports ground every sundy arvo, been doing it since I was 8 IIRC, anyway, oneday old mate who's supposedly 'in-charge' of this playground/sports oval, comes over and basically tells us to buzz off as we havent booked and paid for the field :? , we ask is there anyone else booked for now? If so we'll move(huge park, room for 3 games atleast) - he says it doesn't matter if its booked or not we cant be here cause we havent paid and dont have insurance cover then :roll:
I think the 1st time he gave us trouble we just left to keep peace, but since then we've seen him a couple of times and he's made the usually rantings and we just ignore him :mrgreen:

I would have liked to be in your friends situation, I love arguing with idiots, i've had years of practice :twisted: :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Tue May 09, 2006 8:53 pm

In this month's Overlander magazine the Ed. details what some 4wd clubs are doing for the environment. It's worth a read so if you ever come across this type of mentality you will have a few good arguments.

Ozzy, all you will do in arguing with these people is confuse and annoy them becuase they are 'always right'. I was a policeman for 8 yrs ... I just forgot to have the labotomoy ... :wink:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed May 10, 2006 12:13 am

Scolers wrote:In this month's Overlander magazine the Ed. details what some 4wd clubs are doing for the environment. It's worth a read so if you ever come across this type of mentality you will have a few good arguments.

Ozzy, all you will do in arguing with these people is confuse and annoy them becuase they are 'always right'. I was a policeman for 8 yrs ... I just forgot to have the labotomoy ... :wink:

Scol.
If i have done that, then I am truly happy :lol: I once annoyed a tellemarketer from india so badly, she hung up on me. Then, for the next half our every few mins the phone would ring and hang up just as I answered it :mrgreen:... i took it as a complement, must of had her really irritated 8)
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to General Chit-Chat