More Newbies Here

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

More Newbies Here

Postby No_Eyed_Deer » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I had better jump in and say hello....

So, Hello :grin:

This site is absolutely fantastic for info/advice on everything camping!

We are basically camping novices. Hubby has done camping trips with the boys (back before we had kids and he was 'allowed' to go LOL), but I myself have only ever done a few overnight stays in my lifetime, and this usually meant tagging along with friends who had all the gear and they set up camp. But, anyway, long story short - we wanna give camping a go as I want us and our kids to have some real quality family time over quantity time.

So now we are starting to gather up some gear - just bought an Oztrail Retreat 9 dome tent, which we will hopefully put up this weekend in the backyard (weather permitting). And aside from getting some air mattresses or the like, we are going to borrow as much gear as possible from family for our first trip out.

First trip out will be Flanagans Reserve for a 2 (maybe 3) nighter, probably in April sometime (taking it easy on the maiden voyage, so to speak!). Why Flanagans Reserve? Sounded like our cup of tea from what I read on here, and from their own website. Looks like a nice and easy place for beginners too! And I definitely wanted to do a campfire, and have a hot shower!

Anyway, I'll stop babbling on now, but thought it would be nice to say G'day to all here instead of lurking around reading through the posts.

Will let you all know how the first trip went when it finally rolls around.

Bye for now :grin:
No_Eyed_Deer
Boy Scout

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Well hello and welcome.

I was looking forward to to seeing who was behind such a creative name. ::() Nice to have you aboard and I hope you get everything out of the group that you need. Its one of the more enjoyable pastimes camping, great for the kids, easy on the budget and a lot of fun so enjoy and we look forward to hearing your camping stories and park reviews.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Re: Welcome

Postby Troyk » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:43 pm

G'day No-eyed-deer! (BTW so of us got the no idea bit :grin: )

But alas we have plenty of ideas so just fire away!

Being the shameless promoter that I am, we having a small together at bribie in a few weeks, and you are more than welcome to come along. Even just for the day. :) PS We are normal!

Activity_Dept wrote:.... easy on the budget.......

Yeah we have seen ya tow rig! :***
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:25 am

Welcome!
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ponga » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi No Eye Deer, I don't have much idea either.

Q: What do you call a deer with no eyes?
A: No Eyed Deer.

Q: What do you call a dead deer with no eyes?
A: Still no eyed deer.

:***
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:25 pm

Ponga wrote:Hi No Eye Deer, I don't have much idea either.

Q: What do you call a deer with no eyes?
A: No Eyed Deer.

Q: What do you call a dead deer with no eyes?
A: Still no eyed deer.

:***

Q What do you call a dead deer with no eyes on fire?

A A still flaming no eyed deer

:lol: I crack me up :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby No_Eyed_Deer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

And the jokes (cause I'm sure some ppl didn't get it - my now 12yo took ages to get it LOL)

Will have to take a raincheck on the bribie trip TroyK - pretty much tied up with kids sport for the next few weeks. bummer - because we've only been to bribie once and the kids really enjoyed it. hubby even saw a dolphin early one morning while fishing. And re the 'normal' comment - Awwww looks like we won't we'd fit in after all :)

Anyways - I'm sure we'll learn heaps from all here so our first camping trip will be a successful one!

Seeya
No_Eyed_Deer
Boy Scout

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Welcome to camping world. Make sure you set the tent up a home a couple of times before setting out. It will get easier each time. Hope the Queensland weather improves for you all. :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby No_Eyed_Deer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Sure will be setting it up before we head out BB. Fingers crossed that the weather turns nice for Saturday arvo because I'm dying to set it up!

Will report on how we go.

Cheers
No_Eyed_Deer
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:51 pm

No_Eyed_Deer wrote:Sure will be setting it up before we head out BB. Fingers crossed that the weather turns nice for Saturday arvo because I'm dying to set it up!

Will report on how we go.

Cheers

Hi No_Eyed_Deer and WECOME to the forum. This is the place where you will find all the info you require to help you get the most out of your camping experiences.

Weather report seems to indicate a fine weekend in the great south east so you will be able to get out there and have a practice run with your new tent.

Cheers Gypsy...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: