This may answer some questions about your posts :

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:49 pm

will_deness wrote:[Hmmm that may be a lot of this sites reason for the attrition rate! not enough "healhy disscussion".

I feel there has been more than enough discussion (healthy or otherwise)on this one issue and I am not prepared for it to continually go in circles. Komodo and I do not agree ...end of story, so why keep on with it??

We are two people who view one issue from different sides. In the overall scheme of things it is rather insignificant.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Feedback

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Good points; in terms of reviews yes they are a tricky one i.e. I have had a couple of parks criticise us for poor reviews/comments on the site. I guess I have some responsibility to filter really nasty comments but keep the overall tone. But as anyone can reply to a review a park owner or another guest for that matter can comment on and dispute/disagree with the review.

Ratings are a tricky one also, really they should be based on the overall comments say an average.

The dates of the posts are listed but not the date of the stay or experience per say, they would be helpful.

A template is a good idea we actually started with them and linked them to the park listings but no one used them but I think now that there are more in the list and we simply suggest using a layout people may be more inclined to use a suggested format.

I would love to say for volunteers; everyone go out to 2 or 3 of your local parks (say over a summer or something) and write a review. They (reviewers) will go into a draw and the winner will win a ... (sponsors please enter your product here).

Anyway I can feel the ideas :idea: starting to flow so this is working.

:grin:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:21 pm

A_D
one thing I'll suggest - now I dont know how you will implement it but...

at MEA in our forsale section we have a process in the forsale section. All threads must conform to the template or they are not approved. At first this caused a few people to get upset but now it works really well. Now everyone can feel confident that they go into that section looking for a product and every piece of information that is critical is listed.

I guess somehow you could implement a similar scenario in regards to park review threads?
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Update

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 pm

OK now I just have to get on with the job. ::()
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.