Just a look at who we are

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Just a look at who we are

Postby jimodell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:06 am

Hi,
Just a note to tell you a little about myself. I have been in the RV business for about 30 years. Yes, got into this when it was just a baby. I have camped in just about everything there is and plan on doing it till I die. When I retire in about 3 years I plan on touring the USA in a 5th wheel. About 10 years ago my wife and I started thinking about a web site for RVers that would be just a fun site. After all these years we are at the point it is up. Not finished yet but it is on the Internet. If you look at the site you will see one of our cartoonist is from New Zealand. We are going to link Campground sites from all over the world and would like some info on what are the best sites in Australia. If you have any other suggestions for links that would be of interest to Australian campers we would appreciate any info you could give us. Also don't know much about camping in Australia and any cartoon ideas would be great. Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about camping in the USA I would be glad to try and answer them. By the way the site is below
thanks again. Jim :lol:
EVERY DAY ON THIS SIDE OF THE GRASS IS A GOOD DAY!!!
jimodell

Postby HGMonaro » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:24 am

G'Day Jim.

Welcome!

We'd like to do a 'route 66' across America one day. Drove from Las Vegas to S.F. via Death Valley and Yosemite some years ago but would luv to do a bigger (and camping... we stayed in motels) trip one day.

Will have to have a look at your site from home. Loking forward to seeing some of the cartoons... might be able to offer some suggestions then.

Cheers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 am

Wrong link to site. It's http://rvtoons.com/
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Edited

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Welcome jimodell, cute site, would be nice to hear a fe RV stories from the US feel free to add a few US reviews or RV stories.

Thanks Derek I just pointed it to their www below that should do the tick oh and corrected the spelling for New Zealand (can't misspell our neighbors home name now can we).

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 pm

I've got a question bout camping in the US.

Do they have swags over there? Do they call them swags? Do many people use them?

Just curios :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

SWAGS

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:42 pm

In lue of a answer from our US friends I think I can safely answer that for you Ozzy. Nope never heard of them outside OZ for some reason. There are various one man tents and car/truck accessories that work on the same principle but no SWAGS. Maybe a export market there for ya Ozzy?

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

SWAGS

Postby jimodell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 am

Glad you got an answer. I Don't even know what they are. May be a cute story there. And by the way what are they??? Thanks for the comebacks guys.
jimodell

Route 66

Postby jimodell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:27 am

Nige,
About 2 years ago I ran Rt66 through Tx., NM, and into AZ. Very interesting trip. Alot of small towns that are almost ghost towns now. I think if you had the chance you would love it. Another great trip would be US 1 from Mane to Fla.

Cheers,
Jim
jimodell

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:46 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swag
Probly explains it better than I ever could
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby jimodell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Ozzy,
Thanks for the info. Are there many people still using swags in Au.?
Still quite a few tent campers in the U.S. but they use backpack frames and carry everything in the backpack with the tent rolled on top. (the hikers that is) The rest carry big tents in their cars, truck, 4-wheelers, etc. More camping done over here in RVs than in tents though.
Jim
jimodell

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:11 am

Jimodell this may be a better page to view the swag it rolls up, its carried in your car or in your truck and can be set up in seconds its perfect for the hunter. Alan

http://www.reseller.trueblueswags.swag.com.au/
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:16 am

jimodell wrote:.......More camping done over here in RVs than in tents though.
Jim

Jim, this is becoming the trend in Australia.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:52 pm

jimodell wrote: More camping done over here in RVs than in tents though.
Jim

Also a big move here is Aust to camper trailers (fold out tent on a trailer) in the latter years.

Camping overall here is Oz has had a huge resurgence in the last 15 years or so.

I see people camping now who 10 years or so ago thought I was crazy for wanting to get out in the bush and set up camp in a tent.

The other good thing is that one can set up a good camp now on a budget and kids are getting back into camping. Even the schools are getting into it and arranging school camps now.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:57 pm

jimodell wrote:Ozzy,
Thanks for the info. Are there many people still using swags in Au.?

I think its more of a guy thing although I know of a few ladies that use them.

Their still pretty common out in the bush where people need to camp for work. Like on big properties, or are working on rail lines, etc etc.

I think a lot who have swags would also have a tent for longer trips. I've got a tent, but its for tag-alongs, I'm quite happy to spend a week + in mine :armsup
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby jimodell » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:39 pm

I guess I still don't comprehend just how much open land you guys have over there. Must be great to be able to travel and camp where there aren't a load of other campers along side you. Here in Arizona when the snow birds come down we have some campgrounds with 1000 or more spaces filled to the brim.
jimodell

Next

Return to Introductions: