Spear Creek SA

Spear Creek SA

Postby jollyroger » Tue May 23, 2006 9:56 am

We have made two trips now to Spear Creek in SA. It's the perfect intro bush camping with the little luxuries we crave ie: Showers, toilets and ice!

Spear Creek is near Wilmington in the far north of the state. It's about 20min from Port Augusta nestled at the base of the Flinders Ranges. Owners Kylie and Mark are the perfect hosts.

You can do 4WD tag-a-longs on the property which is a working sheep station. There are plenty of walking tracks including ones for the hard core walkers up a huge mountain. That will take you all day! It caters for caravans, Camper trailers with powered grassed areas and plenty of isolated areas for the tougher campers without power.

Do yourself a favour and drop into Spear Creek. I am in no way paid to write this - This is truley a great palce. I have made a promise to return every Easter with my kids and Camper Trailer and the inlaws in their caravan. You won't be disapointed. :D
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Re: Spear Creek SA

Postby kevin e » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks for your review of Spear Creek jollyroger, I found it most helpful :) We've recently moved from a tent to a camper trailer & we're currently doing small trips from Adelaide to iron out the bugs before we take it on a longer trek later in the year. I Just showed my wife & it looks like we'll be off to Spear Creek soon! :D
kevin e
Boy Scout

Postby John G » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:36 pm

this it? http://www.caravanparkphotos.com.au/spear_creek/

looks like a nice spot if I ever leave nsw )
John G
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Kevin, can we have an updated report and pics upon your return please??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby kevin e » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:05 am

Will do! :) I'm just making a few mods on the CT ATM after our first short trip with it to Point Turton 2 weeks ago. Steep learning curve lol!
kevin e
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:06 pm

kevin e wrote: Steep learning curve lol!

It is a bit....remember when I first went from a tent to a CT....had to reduce the amount of camping gear I always packed.......big time.

My first outback trip sorted me out too.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby kevin e » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi again, we went to the Caravan & Camping show at Wayville today and were told that Spear Creek has just re-opened after being closed for 12-18 months. Once the weather gets more bearable under canvas, we'll give it a shot!

Cheers,

Kevin :)
kevin e
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Looking forward to it Kevin
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to South Australia