Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby kazzakanary » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 pm

I am no good at 'cooking' while camping so I will bring a salad - maybe pasta salad - I am great friends with Mrs Crockett so will see her about one.....
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Got the day off so thought i`d get out the gear for next weekend pitch the tent etc.....Gawd blimey!!! we have a fair amount of storage space so over the last couple of years have let Friends store some stuff,well when they picked up their stuff they must off picked up mine too....NO CAMPING GEAR except the tent and a light...so i had to hit the camping shop..bed ..table...chair...stove...gas botlle..tent pegs...poles...i could tell the sales man was excited..Come home put up the tent,almost finished when down came the rain...oh well at least i`ll know if it is still water proof.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby amanda » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Nice friends you have there Poodle Jewell!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Got the day off so thought i`d get out the gear for next weekend pitch the tent etc.....Gawd blimey!!! we have a fair amount of storage space so over the last couple of years have let Friends store some stuff,well when they picked up their stuff they must off picked up mine too....NO CAMPING GEAR except the tent and a light...so i had to hit the camping shop..bed ..table...chair...stove...gas botlle..tent pegs...poles...i could tell the sales man was excited..Come home put up the tent,almost finished when down came the rain...oh well at least i`ll know if it is still water proof.

If there is anything else you need post up, as I am sure a few of us have some gear lying around we can lend you. Will keep the costs down for the trip. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AK_Weger » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:38 pm

I will bring spinach,pumpkin,mango and camembert salad and instead of dessert, how about garlic bread and bread rolls? That is if no one else is bringing the latter.... If so, then I will bring apple pie......

and lots of beer and wine :-)

Oh and also hopefully all this flathead and whiting we are supposedly going to catch:-) good thing we aren't relying soley on that lol
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby Barby-Q » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:25 am

We will bring 3 doz dinner rolls , butter portions and pineapple .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby kazzakanary » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:27 am

Oh, I will bring a scrummy cake for desert too!!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby ChallengeLee » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:22 pm

:armsup I'm a little excited now as my boss out of the kindness of her heart, gave me next friday off, so have booked in for the Friday as well and will be there after lunch sometime.

As for tucker l'm still deciding, l'm hopeless cooking without my camp oven but have orders from the man/child to bring pavlova for dessert so at least thats decided on...will get back to you on the side dish for main mealtime.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby kazzakanary » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Well, I normally don't work Fridays but I do have to on the 22nd!! We will be up there by 4.30ish though.......
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:50 pm

ChallengeLee wrote::armsup I'm a little excited now as my boss out of the kindness of her heart, gave me next friday off, so have booked in for the Friday as well and will be there after lunch sometime.

As for tucker l'm still deciding, l'm hopeless cooking without my camp oven but have orders from the man/child to bring pavlova for dessert so at least thats decided on...will get back to you on the side dish for main mealtime.

Have you ever tried cooking Pavlova in a camp oven. It is possible and quite a few do it. All that mixing is a problem though and how to overcome that is to have a cordless drill.

Check HERE for more information and recipe.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby ChallengeLee » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:28 pm

LOL, mine was coming from the cheesecake shop Derek but certainly will have a go at making one camp oven style one day...thanks for the link to your forum.....am going back to look at lots more :+
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Derek wrote: All that mixing is a problem though and how to overcome that is to have a cordless drill.

You've done it now Derek, I am off to get a cordless drill. Might be in a bit of trouble if I head to the garage so might have to go and buy my very own.

Thank you so much, what a great idea.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:18 pm

gypsylady wrote:
Derek wrote: All that mixing is a problem though and how to overcome that is to have a cordless drill.

You've done it now Derek, I am off to get a cordless drill. Might be in a bit of trouble if I head to the garage so might have to go and buy my very own.

Cheers...

Make sure you get a spare battery. :grin:
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Derek wrote:
gypsylady wrote:

Cheers...

Make sure you get a spare battery. :grin:

OK, will do... It is the one thing I always have trouble with and a cordless drill is the one thing I never even gave a thought to.

Thank you.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:34 pm

You `da man Derek, :?# we need to put you on TV.

And Troyk,thanks for your kind offer,should be right for Bribie, 2 nights and close to civilisation and all.
Tents still up wind and rain no leaks.
When i booked did the guy at Bongaree say 2pm was the book in time or i am imagining that? I`d like to be set up and feet up by that time.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities