Help required, anyone know where to get a bulb for this lamp

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Help required, anyone know where to get a bulb for this lamp

Postby cokebottle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 am

I bought a rechargeable lamp from Bunnings Hardware a few months ago, it was $20 & it came with both a car & 240v charger, having a huge problem getting a replacement fluoro tube for it! I have seen an almost identical one in BCF under their brand, but they have a different fluoro tube in them, but again they had no spares for there model anyway :(

The tube in it is a 7w & has PL-7W on it, I was told it could be in Kmart or Bigw, they have a 4 pin bulb but it is way to long to fit in the housing.

I have been to almost every camping & lighting shop in my local area (Penrith-mountains) the lighting shops say see a camping shop & visa-versa :?

Any ideas? I am going camping tomorrow, but I have other lights

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby amanda » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 pm

If you bought it at Bunnings, you should be able to order a replacement bulb through their "Special Orders" desk.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby will_deness » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:02 pm

amanda wrote:If you bought it at Bunnings, you should be able to order a replacement bulb through their "Special Orders" desk.

Provided the manufacturer has a after sales service division, which is doubtful considering it is a $20 lantern,ie its a consumable item.
Edit; Why not take it back and get a replacement lantern from bunnings? If its only a few months old they should honour that as a defective item.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 pm

will_deness wrote:
amanda wrote:If you bought it at Bunnings, you should be able to order a replacement bulb through their "Special Orders" desk.

Provided the manufacturer has a after sales service division, which is doubtful considering it is a $20 lantern,ie its a consumable item.
Edit; Why not take it back and get a replacement lantern from bunnings? If its only a few months old they should honour that as a defective item.

Just went to yet another lighting shop who said much the same as above, she said the reason Bunnings don't sell it anymore is probably because they can't get the bulbs, it is a chinese made unit & she reckons the globe is non standard, going to try & dig out the receipt tonight 8)

Oh well at least I sorted out my gas lamp ext pole problem, taking my kids camping tomorrow :?#

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm

cokebottle wrote:
I have been to almost every camping & lighting shop in my local area (Penrith-mountains) the lighting shops say see a camping shop & visa-versa :?

Next time you go into one of the shops wear some clothes, they might be more inclined to help you.

:mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:22 am

yes I agree with Amanda take it back to bunnings say its not working dont mention the bulb as long as you have your reciet they will exchange or give your money back and also like aus says dont forget your clothes.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:yes I agree with Amanda take it back to bunnings say its not working dont mention the bulb as long as you have your reciet they will exchange or give your money back and also like aus says dont forget your clothes.Alan

I too agree, take it back to Bunnings. Their return policy is pretty good.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:Next time you go into one of the shops wear some clothes, they might be more inclined to help you.
:mrgreen:

I wondered why they were so quick to get me out the door :booty

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Komodo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:21 am

I swear I've seen those exact lights at my local bunnings in the garden lighting section
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am

Komodo wrote:I swear I've seen those exact lights at my local bunnings in the garden lighting section

You probably did, they still sell another lamp/different bulb by the same brand here in NSW, but the 3 Bunnings I went to all said that the one I bought was obsolete, I did not really push the issue too much, because I thought I had seen the bulb before elsewhere - turns out the bulb I saw has in-line pins, whereas mine has a square pattern.

I have the receipt in my pocket today & on my lunch break I will be paying Bunnings another visit :$

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:42 pm

cokebottle wrote:.

I have the receipt in my pocket today & on my lunch break I will be paying Bunnings another visit :$

Michael

Let us know how you go Michael.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:27 pm

Went back to Bunnings & they took all the details & said they will contact the supplier & let me know, when I first went to Bunnings the two people I saw in the electrical section were not very helpful - I should have went to the special orders desk the first time, they were very helpful.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:32 pm

cokebottle wrote:Went back to Bunnings & they took all the details & said they will contact the supplier & let me know, when I first went to Bunnings the two people I saw in the electrical section were not very helpful - I should have went to the special orders desk the first time, they were very helpful.

Michael

So did they refund your money??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:37 pm

gypsylady wrote:So did they refund your money??

They said if they can't get a globe then that would be the next action, the lady at the refund desk was astounded that they had sold a lamp for which you could not get a globe for.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:42 pm

cokebottle wrote:
gypsylady wrote:So did they refund your money??

They said if they can't get a globe then that would be the next action, the lady at the refund desk was astounded that they had sold a lamp for which you could not get a globe for.

Michael

You are a patient man Michael, I would have asked for a refund and no bones about it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Next

Return to Gear Guide