Cudegong Waters Park

Cudegong Waters Park

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:20 pm

As promised a review of this park for the edification of members.
Located between Rylstone and Mudgee on Lake Windemere. a dam built in the eighties.
The park is situated on a series of hills overlooking the valley of water. The lake is several kilometres long and the park is about half way down the length. Divided roughly into 4 sections 1 - permamnent structures under private ownership 2- cabins property of managers and available to general public 3- powered sites for travellers (small area, well grassed but not many spots 4 - the rest which is available for camping. There is also van and boat storage available. Flat camping sites hard to find.
Unfortunatley lease is about to expire and there is a lot of work needed doing in the park, but won't get done until the lease is settled.
Facilities are limited, clean but need repairs. Staff friendly. When we were there other guests were affable. There are lots of regulars who visit the park often.
A lot of fire places around, a couple of playground areas.
Main attraction is boating and fishing.
Suitable for off peak times ( due to lack of facilities) for people who are not looking for 4 star especially for fisher folk.
We would go back and it will be interestoing to see how things develop.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for that, we are planning a 4 day stay in the Mudgee area in the next school holidays & I had seen that one, in fact my fiancee & i did a quick recon to Lake windemere on boxing day, did not impress us too much though.

We have planned to stay in mudgee itself at the riverside van park & use that as a base to explore the area does Cudgeong have hot showers?

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Pauly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Gee sounds like you didnt like Windemere.

We have camped there plenty of times. At the moment the dam is very low down around 20 to 25%. When its full its quite a nice place to camp. It does have the one amenities block that has hot and cold running water. You can buy ice and I think gas from the little kiosk
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 pm

We enjoyed our stay but I tried to be honest with the assessment. Yes it does have hot showers. It is picturesque.
Glenn
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 am

Pauly wrote:Gee sounds like you didnt like Windemere.

We have camped there plenty of times. At the moment the dam is very low down around 20 to 25%. When its full its quite a nice place to camp. It does have the one amenities block that has hot and cold running water. You can buy ice and I think gas from the little kiosk

We only drove over the dam wall & to the picnic ground on the other side, which looked a little derelict, then on the way back home I saw the turn-off to the grounds you are talking about, but we did not look at them, as I said we did a quick recon the way back from Mudgee & we were in a hurry to get back to pick up the kids.

Maybe it was the drought conditions that made us unimpressed, but when we stay there in April? we plan to check out the lay of the land, I have heard Dunn's swamp is nice & I want to take a drive to Glen Alice etc in the Wolgan Valley 8)

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Hey Micheal, Dunn's Swamp is a treat. Some lovely camping spots provided by Natioanl Parks - long drops but no showers. Glen Davis is intersting but you can't access the Industrial area as it is on private property. You can take a guided tour each saturday though. :)
Glenn
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to NSW