Samurai Beach (newcastle NSW)!!!

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Derek wrote:
It happens all to often on a lot of forums.

It is so easy to sit behind a computer sometimes and criticize when you don't have to face people.

I call them keyboard cowboys.

Derek

I must say I am surprised and disappointed Derek at the level of criticism on this forum and the expressed judgment of people (unknown) especially in an area where the participants are supposed to have a common interest.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Talk about over reacting.

Is it Bickering? Or just differing opinions?

Is everyone here so soft that they can't handle some one else dis-agreeing? :roll:
Last edited by Ozzycamperboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Differing opinions I would say Ozzy, and pity help the world if we all thought the same.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:Talk about over reacting.

Is it Bickering? Or just differing opinions?

Is everyone here so soft that they can't handle some one else dis-agreeing? :roll:

I would definitely call the posts that have been going back and forth here bickering. If the children were doing it they would be told to stop bickering

And quite frankly children suggesting that I am on drugs because they did not like what I had said (passed on to them by a father who also did not like what I said) and that I don't like children (who are in lock down in Alan's words) after dark.

Also to bring my dog's bedtime (what the correlation is with that is beyond me) and do I treat my dog in the same manner as the kids?? And does this rule of getting locked up at 8 30 apply to your dogs (quote Alan unquote)

Oh come on now Ozzy they are definitely inflamatory remarks and definitely personal and in my opinion definitely bickering.

AND if that makes me over reacting to quote you, then that is exactly what I am doing.....

BTW I am more than happy to have you express a differing opinion and No I am not going to make any personal inflamatory remarks because I do not agree with you.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:10 pm

gypsylady wrote:
And quite frankly children suggesting that I am on drugs because they did not like what I had said (passed on to them by a father who also did not like what I said) and that I don't like children (who are in lock down in Alan's words) after dark.

If I was camping with or near someone and they told me to send my kids to their tents at 8:30 I'd tell them their on drugs, or dreaming, or something else to that effect. It wasn't a personal attack and I doubt very much if any one actually thinks your on drugs, its just a figure of speach. But I dare say there's a lot of people out there who wouldn't be so polite and would say something else.

I don't think anyone's decided that you don't like kids, but as far as disturbances go most people would conclude that a dogs going to be more of a nuisance than a few kids staying up late. (your dog might be different, I don't know). And given that in other posts you made mention of taking your dog camping, they used that as a point to get their side of the argument across.

gypsylady wrote:I thought this was a forum of like minded people with a common interest camping but it seems if someone dares to have an opinion which differs...look out.

Exactly, and its the same in every forum whether it be internet based or in the real world. Express a different opinion and you've got to have the metal to back it up or walk away, or you can just carry on about how everyones picking on you.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:If I was camping with or near someone and they told me to send my kids to their tents at 8:30 I'd tell them their on drugs, or dreaming, or something else to that effect. It wasn't a personal attack and I doubt very much if any one actually thinks your on drugs, its just a figure of speach. But I dare say there's a lot of people out there who wouldn't be so polite and would say something else.

I don't think anyone's decided that you don't like kids, but as far as disturbances go most people would conclude that a dogs going to be more of a nuisance than a few kids staying up late. (your dog might be different, I don't know). And given that in other posts you made mention of taking your dog camping, they used that as a point to get their side of the argument across.

Exactly, and its the same in every forum whether it be internet based or in the real world. Express a different opinion and you've got to have the metal to back it up or walk away, or you can just carry on about how everyones picking on you.

Ozzy I don't believe for one minute that EVERYONE is picking on me. In fact I am not sure that I ever thought or even suggested Alan was picking on me. That is your assumption which of course is again wrong!!!!

AND you are right you have absolutely no idea of what my dog is like. More to the point I am still not sure why she should get a mention same as I don't recall ever mentioning Alan's children. He actually brought them into the equation .

And again when did I ever say that the idea of children going to bed applied to ANYONE other than people camping (privately) with me AND I might also add with the approval of their parents. All of which I have explained. Something you obviously did not bother to take on board.

Figure of speech or not, it is an inflamatory comment and IMO very rude when neither Alan or his children know anything about who I am. It is certainly not a comment one would make simply because one did not agree with anothers view.

Re your quote I don't think anyone's decided that you don't like kids I suggest you read Alan's post again. He was a little more specific than you, he actually said 'after dark'.

My dog's bedtime is definitely not necessary in order to prove a point and for one who originally said this was not bickering you now mention that someone had to get their argument across.

Funny now it needs and 'argument' in order to score points.....

I also don't recall saying anything specifically negative about Alan's children and I certainly don't RECALL saying that my rules applied to Alan's or any of the children associated with this forum.

Fact is I remember stating quite the opposite when asked.

AND when did I say that the children had a curfew due to 'disturbances'. They have a curfew because the general consensus is that their parents want to have some 'adult' time.

A curfew does not mean the children are quote locked up

Ozzy I am more than willing to oblige in keeping this 'bickering or argument or debate or difference of opnion' going for as long as you like.

I just don't believe that it is particularly pleasant for newcomers but hey if you think it otherwise, then be my guest...bring it on......
Last edited by GypsyLady on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 pm

:-bang
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:08 pm

amanda wrote::-bang

Well done Amanda. :+

I never have seen a situation so eloquently rolled up into one smiley before!
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby will_deness » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Young children do thrive on routine, that is true. But as they grow older they also need to learn flexibility. My 10yr old kids go to bed 8.30-lights out nine pm sun-Thursday nights, fri-sat night is dependant on whats going on next day. If we are having a around home day its any time they like, if were doing something its off to bed accordingly.When we are camping or on holidays its the same as a friday or saturday night.As I said my kids are 10 and I feel that the time is soon coming when we are going to have to renegotiate a bed routine, because sending teenagers to bed at 8.30 just seems to be mind scarring IMHO.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mr_grumble » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Wow ::()
I can't really understand just how this thread has snowballed the way it has. You set rules for your children as YOU see fit, not what anyone else thinks you should.

I regularly browse a number of forums and see this sort of thing constantly, and mostly it gets out of control to the point where ppl start saying things that they shouldn't and eventually regrete.

One of the things I like about this forum is the layed back attitude others have and 99% of the time, the courteous chat.

How bout we just let sleeping dogs ( :*** ) lie .........
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby freerocketman1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:59 pm

i think we should have a group hug :armsup

i thought this topic was about a beach.
maybe it should be moved to general chit chat ::()
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby cokebottle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:14 pm

freerocketman1 wrote:i think we should have a group hug :armsup

i thought this topic was about a beach.
maybe it should be moved to general chit chat ::()

Here here! back on topic everyone! a bit more info re Middle Rock van park, it is only about 10min drive from McDonald's, I took my kids there for lunch when we got there....................hang on we better not go there or otherwise a debate will erupt over feeding kids junk fund :*** :*** :*** :*** come on guys have a laugh, our common bond is camping, I too have seen exactly the same thing on another forum I frequent, everyone forgets their common bond & all hell breaks loose :$

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: Samurai Beach (newcastle NSW)!!!

Postby cokebottle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 am

BUMP

Old topic bumped back up, sorry can't help myself!! :booty

Next month on the 4th of Feb is the annual nude beach picnic/carnival, over 300 people attended last years event, there was nude egg & spoon/sack races (I came 2nd) /hole in bucket race & body painting plus other activites for the kids like sand castle making comp etc.

I was on the beach from 10am to 4pm.... I got a little "lobstered" but nothing serious.

http://youtu.be/_rkc8CD1Ano

This year my wife is coming along as we managed to talk her sister into minding the kids (teenagers & not interested) , my wife is keen to particpate in the body painting comp with me.... sorry I won't be posting nude pictures on here! :***

So if anyone is game to bare it all we will see you at Samurai on the 4th! :booty :booty

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:14 pm

cokebottle wrote: there was nude egg & spoon/sack races
Michael

What does a nude egg & spoon/sack race look like Michael....does that mean the egg has had its shell removed?????
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 pm

GypsyLady wrote: What does a nude egg & spoon/sack race look like Michael....does that mean the egg has had its shell removed?????

:*** good one! I was expecting someone to come up with a wise crack like that (pun intended) :booty

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to NSW