Can camping be romantic?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Derek wrote:Hehehehehehe.

That means cooking five separate meals in five camp ovens at once. About the only preparation will be cutting and measuring.

You'll surely have all that done before hand all sealed up in tupperware ready to be put together on the day. I am sure you have done all this before and are well organised Derek.

Will you be offering it to the public for taste testing??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ponga » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Don't ask me how, but I came across this blog some time ago and kept in in my favourites.

http://loveinatent.blogspot.com/

The author, Michelle Waitzman, recently published a book 'Sex in a Tent'.[/quote]
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 pm

The sausages don't seem to work for Mrs Bravo. May have to up the ante and try some of Derek's recipes :lol:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:11 pm

gypsylady wrote:
Derek wrote:Hehehehehehe.

That means cooking five separate meals in five camp ovens at once. About the only preparation will be cutting and measuring.

You'll surely have all that done before hand all sealed up in tupperware ready to be put together on the day. I am sure you have done all this before and are well organised Derek.

Will you be offering it to the public for taste testing??

Not sure about that at this time. Some places don't permit it due to litigation.

Yes strange hey. Someone gets sick and they sue.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby embi » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:18 pm

You need another chef to prep for you..

I'll PM you my address details for the plane ticket :)
embi
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:32 am

embi wrote:You need another chef to prep for you..

I'll PM you my address details for the plane ticket :)

Nice try embi.... Think you may have to stand in line though.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:36 am

Derek wrote:Not sure about that at this time. Some places don't permit it due to litigation.

Derek

Barry and Merran do it when they demo the Dream Pot as does Thommo. You'll have a lot of food and popcorn go to waste otherwise.

I figure it is a 'choice' thing, you choose to taste, you take the responsibility...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:36 am

embi wrote:You need another chef to prep for you..

Maybe a Camp Oven Cook's ASSISTANT!!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 am

gypsylady wrote:
Derek wrote:Not sure about that at this time. Some places don't permit it due to litigation.

Derek

Barry and Merran do it when they demo the Dream Pot as does Thommo. You'll have a lot of food and popcorn go to waste otherwise.

I figure it is a 'choice' thing, you choose to taste, you take the responsibility...

GL are you saying if you tasted dereks cooking and did get sick, because he maybe forgot to keep the prawns refrigerated, it would be your fault, not his?
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:44 am

will_deness wrote:GL are you saying if you tasted dereks cooking and did get sick, because he maybe forgot to keep the prawns refrigerated, it would be your fault, not his?

ABSOLUTELY....it is not like he would do it on purpose and I am not paying for the service/food.

It would just mean that I might be a little more cautious next time.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:29 am

Many moons ago i worked at Coles they started locking the bins so the homeless people couldn`t take food from them,being the young hippie i was ready to save the world i went off my tree to management,the reason? A homeless person was sueing them as he got sick from eating the food from the bin...one way to get off the streets i suppose. At work i used to take the left overs home for my dogs but now they say if my dog gets sick i might sue them.Unfortunately we are following in Americas foot steps.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

Poodle Jewel wrote: At work i used to take the left overs home for my dogs but now they say if my dog gets sick i might sue them.Unfortunately we are following in Americas foot steps.

Litigation has definitely gone way over the top IMO.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 am

will_deness wrote:That's why the organisers have those rules, because you would have paid them(not that it takes away any responsibility as derek would be contracted to them) to enter the event, and not withstanding the fact of a little law called duty of care.

No, if Derek was doing a demo on cooking and offered the public a taste test there is no money from the taster involved.

My comment re paying was related to if I purchased the food from someone then, it would be a whole different ball park.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:03 pm

will_deness wrote:
But then I started thinking,its fine under those circumstances but what if a person couldn't work for a month or worse? .

You may well be talking about other circumstances Will but I am not.

My comment still stands that I believe the responsibility to be mine if I choose to taste test under the conditions which involves someone like Derek doing a demo and being able to offer the food to the public for taste testing. If I ended up being off work for a month as a result of it then that would just be my bad luck.

I am not prepared to comment on any other circumstances as I believe every situation is different.

Cheers Gypsy....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Ponga wrote:In the same way that you wouldn't sue a friend or neighbour if you got sick from eating food at their house, but if that food had been provided by a caterer I think the story would be different. .

I think the fact that you are there watching a demo of it be prepared/cooked etc which also makes a difference.

It is also the fact that it is cooked in a different fashion to what the majority of people would consider as the norm and that has some attraction.

We are also only talking about a 'taste' as opposed to a meal. One would think it would have to be extremely bad for that to cause too much drama.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat