A Tear in the Darkness - A Request for Help

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

A Tear in the Darkness - A Request for Help

Postby Soulace » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:01 pm

Dear Australian Campers,

My apologies if this post seems out of place in this forum, but I think this is an important issue for all Australians. We have tried to reach as many people as possible in the short time that we have, and if you should agree with the message below and any of the information that the web links point you to, then we would be honoured to have you help us in this human endeavour.

START MESSAGE

I take this opportunity, for that is what life is, to bring to your attention (or re-attention as the case may be) the following issue that concerns us all - our fundamental human freedoms and civil liberties. If recent history has taught us anything, then we know that we no longer have a democracy here in Australia, thanks to the introduction of the Anti-Terrorism Act and Sedition Law enacted in 2005.

How many of us realise, for perhaps you feel like me, that for all of our past efforts, in any sort of protest or activitism wherein we felt strongly about a certain subject, a particular issue, a particular injustice - we felt to remind our Government and the powers that control them, that "We The People" seek justice in all things, especially those things that concern us on our own soil. I am concerned about many things pertaining to Australia and overseas since 9-11, but what upsets me the most is that in this so called "democracy", no one listens and NOTHING changes, despite our best intentions, despite our protests and despite our appeals for justice.

Herein lies a fundamental truth. Let us learn from our past. Let us listen to our inner selves and ask what is important. When they don’t want anything of us, our actions for them to change is futile, for they will continue as before, ever increasing to gain a stranglehold on the lives of the Australian people, whatever their country of origin. In order to gain their attention and possible action, you have to deny them something they want. That chance does not come often.

How do we do this? People of Australia, "We The People" offer "You The People" our humble Con-Census 2006. Peruse the website at http://www.resist.com.au and inform yourself of a first in the history of Australia, where for once the Government of Australia will have no choice but to sit up and take notice. Their action may be stern, even physical and it may mean that ordinary Australians, like myself, will be jailed for "terrorism", for indeed just because I don't promote the same ideological views that the establishment would have me promote, I, like many others, will be relegated to the level of this new breed of terrorism for mere actions of non-violent protests and e-protests.

We at Resist need your help. We are Australians too. Many of us nod and agree with the issues raised in this forum. If you understand what is involved after reading the information at http://www.resist.com.au and the possible consequences to you as a person, and many will leave at this point or just observe on the sidelines - and that is ok, for we shall not judge you, then let us work together for a common cause. There are many many people in this forum and in our wider Community who can write, speak, educate and care for others far better than myself. We need you. Australia needs you.

There is no more to say, but onwards and communication.

Kindest Regards,

Alex Young aka Soulace

"I am a mere criminal for denying something you want, but when we want something of you, token promises fall by the wayside. I shall not forget. And in voicing my objection to remind you of your duty to us, I have become a criminal yet again."
(C) Alex Young, May 2006

"A moist tear in darkness nullifies evil, for the origin of evil is numbness. Only a tear and a strong heart for oneself and for others stirs up reaction against such things".
(C) Alex Young, June 2006

V

http://www.resist.com.au/forum/
Soulace

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:45 am

:mrgreen: ... Dude, get off the drugs :mrgreen:

Ok, i doubt i'll get a reply from you here as your prolly just trolling but here goes nothing.

You have stated, to some degree, that democracy doesn't work. Of course not, its just another way of blindfolding the general population into thinking they aren't in a preverbial head-lock by a dictorial regime. But i've got news for you, movements, protestors, social groups, even terrorists don't, wont, never have and never will solve the problem either :wink:

Best of luck to you, but your wasting webspace. The only way to beat the 'system' is not to be part of the system. Granted, we all have to live within it, but this protesting crap just gets you more and more involved IN the system. So your actually becoming a part of something your protesting against. This is one reason I dont vote (also dont want my hands dirtied with the deeds of the people we 'vote' for). I would never waste my time protesting violently nor peacefully.

Its people like you that make reasonable, mentally stable conspiracy theorists like me, look like complete and utter nutters :mrgreen:

Oh, and if/when this whole place (sydney, usa, iraq, the world in generall) turns to festering cow patties(well, worse than it already is, and it can/will get ALOT worse :wink: ), I will be safely tucked away with my swag and turkey on the deepest, darkest, roughest 4x4 trail the blue mountains have to offer... I hear a nuclear sunset can be quite pretty :mrgreen: ...ok, i'll stop drinking now and go to bed :lol: . Once again, I recomend you stay away from the drugs... or perhaps remember to take the ones that have been prescribed to you :idea:

ImagePeacoutImage
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Soulace » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:15 am

Hi OzzyCamperBoy,

Sorry I am not on any drugs, SPAMMER or otherwise. But you have raised many valid points in reply to my original posta nd I agree with many of your inferences.

"Its people like you that make reasonable, mentally stable conspiracy theorists like me, look like complete and utter nutters".

Sighs you are making quite a few harsh judgements of character, you might be surprised that if we ever met in person and had a beer (not that I drink alcohol anyway) on top of the Blue Mountains with a non-nuclear sunset - just how many things we do agree on.

Oh and at some point whilst escaping from "the system" (and there is nothing wrong with that) - when the jerry can runs out of water and fuel, one will have to come down from the mountains. No dig, but its just that people dont realise the implications of their post and their reliance on the system they were born into.

Thank you for your best luck, we're gonna need it mate.

Kindest Regards
Soul

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
Soulace

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:21 am

Soulace wrote:Hi OzzyCamperBoy,

Sorry I am not on any drugs, SPAMMER or otherwise. But you have raised many valid points in reply to my original posta nd I agree with many of your inferences.

"Its people like you that make reasonable, mentally stable conspiracy theorists like me, look like complete and utter nutters".

Sighs you are making quite a few harsh judgements of character, you might be surprised that if we ever met in person and had a beer (not that I drink alcohol anyway) on top of the Blue Mountains with a non-nuclear sunset - just how many things we do agree on.

Oh and at some point whilst escaping from "the system" (and there is nothing wrong with that) - when the jerry can runs out of water and fuel, one will have to come down from the mountains. No dig, but its just that people dont realise the implications of their post and their reliance on the system they were born into.

Thank you for your best luck, we're gonna need it mate.

Kindest Regards
Soul

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Fair call about me being harsh mate, I honestly thought you where just another troll that posts once to promote thier product/site etc and never returns. We get a few of them here.

Bottom line is, IMO, people have been trying to solve their own and other people's problems for thousands of years, they've had their chance to try hundreds of different forms of government, many of which, in theory, are very good... but none of them can adequately deal with the problems we face. You get corrupt, greedy rulers. Or, if you actually do get into power, an honest, hardworking, good hearted person, they become corrupt, OR they'll get assasinated, OR they'll get some illness, OR insert 1000 other variables here.

Bottom line, humans ruling over humans doesn't work. But its the best we got atm so don't try too hard to change it you'll just do your head in thinking about it and all the injustices it causes.

And I feel confident that I could survive out there without any fuel stations, grocery stores etc etc... horse back would be much cheaper than fuel once the diesel runs out, and there isn't really a water shortage in Australia, there's just not enough to support the greedy, wastefull society that uses it. There's plenty of clean fresh creeks out there, I know i've seen em. Just give me my swag, compound bow, and a knife. Some pots would be good but not nessesary :lol:

I'd still have a beer with ya, there's nothing wrong with one or two at a time :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby jollyroger » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:45 am

Soulace,
Go away...There are other forums for this. You are obviuosly not being heard on them either if you are here.
There is a lot to be said for ignorance.

Being ignorant I wouldn't:
a: Be worried about being villified or classified anything other than being ignorant.
b: sleep better at night
c: have a happier and fulfilled life.

Conspirosy theorists are a dime a dozen. I can look at the evening news every night and concot a conspirosy out of every story. It's easy to do. Just be sceptical. It all depends on how seroius you take it. I am ignorant for a reason - I DON"T CARE!
I only give a damn about me and my small little world.

So please take it somewhere else.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to General Chit-Chat