Motorcycle CT

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Motorcycle CT

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:48 pm

There is a motorcycle camper trailer on Ebay,having a small car i thought this could be an option for me,Folds out the same just has a double bed instead of queen. Unloaded they only weigh 16o kg Looking on the web trying to find out prices to see if this one is a reasonable buy but get directed to American sites.Has anyone seen these or know of somewhere in Gold Coast /Brisbane area i can go check them out? I have googled several things but not getting anywhere much. One American site says they are Australian made but i can`t find an Australian web site.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby will_deness » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:56 pm

My father has one, but I wouldn't say its a double mattress, more like a king single. he has a 1100 shadow and it tows it like a dream.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Motorcycle CT

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:00 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:There is a motorcycle camper trailer on Ebay,having a small car i thought this could be an option for me,Folds out the same just has a double bed instead of queen. Unloaded they only weigh 16o kg Looking on the web trying to find out prices to see if this one is a reasonable buy but get directed to American sites.Has anyone seen these or know of somewhere in Gold Coast /Brisbane area i can go check them out? I have googled several things but not getting anywhere much. One American site says they are Australian made but i can`t find an Australian web site.

I have friends PJ who also have one as they both ride bikes but they also tow it behind their Honda CRV.

Will make enquiry for you if you like.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks that would be good ,i spent a fair bit of time searching yesterday found the fibre glass ones but nothing like the one on ebay it does have a double bed and folds out to a good size annexe.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Have just come across Detour trailers in Ipswich,brand new they are as expensive as a big camp trailers.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby JM1375 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 am

There was one featured in CamperTrailer Australia magazine not so long ago.... can't lay my hands on where I've left it, but I have it here somewhere. Looked really good, but from memory was expensive for what you were getting IMHO.
JM1375
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:24 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:Have just come across Detour trailers in Ipswich,brand new they are as expensive as a big camp trailers.

I thought they were in Kingaroy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:43 pm

p j not sure how much you want to spend but life style campers at rocklea [ipswich rd ] have some small campers made by getabout campers,they have 1 about the size of a 7x4 trailer that has a bed that pulls out like a wind up.if comeing from the city they are located on the left before the last car yard.
ps getabout campers have a web site with all the details. :cheers
ron
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Return to Camper Trailers