Camping conundrum

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Camping conundrum

Postby jollyroger » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:08 pm

I am having shoulder surgery on Monday 5/6. Then we are booked with a group into the Calre Valley Caravan Park with our Camper Trailers.
I won't be able to do squat with my right hand side. Should I go and sit there being drunk to numb the pain and cold while someone else puts up my camper or stay home and be miserable in comfort?

HELP! :shock:

Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:20 pm

U left handed? :mrgreen:

Hard call I want to say just go but in all honesty I think i'd just stay home and relax in comfort. Having said that it sux being home when ur sick/injured it gets really boring, atleast at camping you can have a few more things/people to amuse you :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby jollyroger » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:05 pm

Nah I'm right handed. I hear what your saying. Stay home in comfort...Get no sympothy from wife and kids.

But I can drink with both hands :lol:

Go camping and possibly be waited on hand and foot. I know it's going to be as cold as hell. Even for SA 3 degrees is bloody cold. Thats thermals and 2 bottles of Turkey.

Current mind set is to go and say "Hell i've been camping right after surgery with one hand (shoulder) tied behind by back"! Or be a wimp and say maybe next time.

I'm going for the tough guy appraoch at this stage. See how much of a wimp I am after cut.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Kramer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:28 am

I would go camping! As long as there is someone who is willing to put your camper! Take something easy to eat like sandwichs and you will be set.

Hope the surgery goes well today.

Edit: Spelling.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:14 pm

I like the drink beer bit!

Have you got a tent? We take a tent with us even if the CT is being towed. The tent can be done with one hand.

Also, if you ar taking the wife and kids just say "You help, or we don't go". It works for me now!

;)

Good luck with the surgery too.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby jollyroger » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:21 pm

Conundrom is solved!

I sat in the hospital on Monday and was an hour from the green dream when they told me to go home as there were no beds available. So the trip is on in earnest with drinking hand ready and willing.

The CT will be the fortess she usually is and me firmly entrenched in the directors chair doing what I do best - BUGGER ALL!
The kids are relieved they don't have to anything more than nothing too.

No - it should be a nice trip. If you love wine and the rural country get yourself to the Clare Valley....I know I'll be back this long weekend...Woo Hoo :D

Thanks for the advise I will remmeber it all for the 31sy of July :wink:
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:13 pm

jollyroger wrote:
The CT will be the fortess she usually is and me firmly entrenched in the directors chair doing what I do best - BUGGER ALL!

I like the way you think!

:mrgreen:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:03 pm

Arms up for the bodgey Aus Health system then aye? :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Hell ... if it let's the man go camping it cant be that bad!

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to General Chit-Chat