SEQ Day Trip Recon - Kenilworth Homestead

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby AussieSunset » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Oh ok Troy thanks. I wasnt sure which one it was as i thought moby's was the one nearer Caboolture.
I wouldnt of minded going up there with you guys for the day as we are wanting to go there after all the birthday party's are over ( May sometime) and wouldnt minded to check the place out first as well. Not sure if i can get a lift to Moby's though.

No worry's PJ i dont mind asking silly questions as i'm a blonde ( going grey lol) under the dyed hair :***
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

Postby P.C_Icky » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:22 pm

We couldnt make it to Bribie :( and we are in Melbourne on the 8th March thats a shame we cant make it to yet another get together. We were going to go to Canungra but it looks like this one is out as well. :( Please let us know what the date of the next planned camping trip is so we can mark it on our calendar. Thanks
P.C_Icky
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: Yamanto

Postby Troyk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:31 pm

P.C_Icky wrote:We couldnt make it to Bribie :( and we are in Melbourne on the 8th March thats a shame we cant make it to yet another get together. We were going to go to Canungra but it looks like this one is out as well. :( Please let us know what the date of the next planned camping trip is so we can mark it on our calendar. Thanks


We are looking at the ANZAC weekend, possibly Kenilworth Homestead. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
User avatar
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Somewhere Else!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Ok Troyk easy directions for non local,do i just stay on the highway to Mobys is there an exit number is it BIg so i don`t go past :lol: Any idea what time we will meet there for us gold coasters.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:56 pm

If all goes well and I can make it I will bring a camp oven and make buttermilk scones with jam and cream. :?#

Oh yeah just need a rough idea of numbers.


Derek
Image
User avatar
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Karana Downs, Queensland

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Come on Derek,everyone will come just for the scones. :lol:
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:07 pm

Derek wrote:If all goes well and I can make it I will bring a camp oven and make buttermilk scones with jam and cream. :?#

Oh yeah just need a rough idea of numbers.


Derek


WOW what an offer Derek, PJ is right I am sure the numbers will increase now you have suggested scones with jam and cream.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby AussieSunset » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Derek wrote:If all goes well and I can make it I will bring a camp oven and make buttermilk scones with jam and cream. :?#

Oh yeah just need a rough idea of numbers.


Derek


Dam now i am cheesed off that my van is not going and can't go lol
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:09 am

AussieSunset wrote:
Dam now i am cheesed off that my van is not going and can't go lol


I reckon those of us who are unable to attend should get a 'rain check' on the scones......
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:24 pm

gypsylady wrote:
AussieSunset wrote:
Dam now i am cheesed off that my van is not going and can't go lol


I reckon those of us who are unable to attend should get a 'rain check' on the scones......


I like your thinking Gypsylady :+
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:46 pm

AussieSunset wrote:
I like your thinking Gypsylady :+


Thanks AS but I was only thinking of what I would be missing and figured there might be more bite if there were more who shared the thought.

Get the drift??:-))))))))
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Postby will_deness » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Wife is working next sat,looks like we gotta drop out of the scouting party :(
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Ipswich SEQ

Re: SEQ Day Trip Recon - Kenilworth Homestead

Postby Troyk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Been roaming the countryside for work at the moment and I stopped at Moby Vics to have lunch. Guess what, its not called Moby Vics anymore! :oops:

So apologies for the confusion.

AussieSunset wrote:I wouldnt of minded going up there with you guys for the day as we are wanting to go there after all the birthday party's are over ( May sometime) and wouldnt minded to check the place out first as well. Not sure if i can get a lift to Moby's though.

We can always meet up at the BP's at Burpgenary if that is any easy. Or anywhere along the highway?
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
User avatar
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Somewhere Else!

Re: SEQ Day Trip Recon - Kenilworth Homestead

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Go Troyk, get us lost. :***
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: SEQ Day Trip Recon - Kenilworth Homestead

Postby AussieSunset » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:42 am

Troyk wrote:Been roaming the countryside for work at the moment and I stopped at Moby Vics to have lunch. Guess what, its not called Moby Vics anymore! :oops:

So apologies for the confusion.
We can always meet up at the BP's at Burpgenary if that is any easy. Or anywhere along the highway?


The Burpengary BP would be the go as it's very easy to see and no one should get lost then lol plus it's got somewhere to wait for people and grab some food/drink while waiting.
I wont be able to go though this time :cry:
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests