Sydney Crew Roll Call

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Sydney Crew Roll Call

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Ok. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of these, QUEENSLANDERS, having all the fun! So how many people have we got that are in or around Sydney, or are willing to travel somewhere near Sydney for a meet up? Similar to (but of course better than ;) ) all the QLD gatherings. I'm going to be in Sydney in the 1st week of April but I haven't got a weekend free. If there's enough interest I could get an extra few days off work and stay a second weekend. Or it might be better to organize something a fair bit further into the future.

So come on, post up. I know there's at least 5 or so in Sydney and Central Coast to Wollongong's included.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: Sydney Crew Roll Call

Postby Troyk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:11 pm

To our Sydney Cousins, Can I just say, that meeting up with other forum members has been a great experience. Everyone has been very friendly, quite normal and I am sure you will have heaps to chew the fat over, especially if you like a cold beer. :grin:

Trust me you wont regret it. ::)

So just do it!
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Go aussiecamperboy :?# get those city slickers moving. It is a great social event,us queenlanders had a ball at Bribie.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Malcur » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi aussiecamperboy, I'm from Sydney area and would be very interested in a get-together. However, we are going away (south coast) for Easter, and plan to attend Rosehill C, C & 4WD show 1st weekend of April, so that period is a tad busy. I tend to take every 4th or 5th Friday off & go away for 3-day weekend (no kids to worry about), so a weekend early May would be good. But anytime that was convenient for all and we would try to fit it in.

Mal :cheers
Camper Trailer owner!!
Malcur
Captain Camping

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:09 pm

That`s TWO,,,,do we have three??
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby cokebottle » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:36 am

My budget for camping will be blown out for this year, going next month for 4 days to the Mudgee area, around the school holiday break,maybe next Summer will be able to go again :?#

What area were you planning to hold a camp at?

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby mr_grumble » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Ordinarily, I'd jump at the oportunity.
End of March / Early April will be a b1tch of a time to head off camping.
Another time....oh hell yeah :armsup

Where would you be looking at heading ?
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Mrs Bravo and I would attend if a suitable date is available.
Unfortunately as retirees and grey nomads our schedule is very tight.
If someone posts a date we'll see what we can work out.
Remember I don't need the weekends to mow the lawns etc these days. :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:03 am

How bout January 23rd 2009? :lol:

Actually had no place or date in mind. Just trying to get an idea of how many are actually in the area, doesn't seem to be too many but thats ok.

For a serious date and idea for a location is concerned. Some time in November, just an overnighter, and some place close, I know of a place just past Gosford but can't for the life of me recall the name right now.
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:58 am

How do you think we could promote it down there Ozzy, radio, news story? I don't mind throwing a few hundred at it to get a few more NSW members.
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:07 am

A stand at the camping and 4wd show would be pretty good - probably a bit late to organize anything for the one at the end of march.

I would think that any radio ads are going to cost quite a few hundred if not more, unless you can get onto community radio, maybe even for free :idea:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby mr_grumble » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Activity_Dept wrote:How do you think we could promote it down there Ozzy, radio, news story? I don't mind throwing a few hundred at it to get a few more NSW members.

A good way of getting the word around can be in the form of a well designed sticker.

I wear (or I should say my boat does), a sticker of a fishing forum I'm part of, mainly so other forum members can recognise each other on the water. I've been asked on numerous occasions what the stickers about and usually ends up with fresh bums on seats in front of their putta.

Should be a reasonably cost effective way too, and on the bum of a car / CT etc it'll be on show to thousands...
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby Hissy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:20 am

For a serious date and idea for a location is concerned. Some time in November, just an overnighter, and some place close, I know of a place just past Gosford but can't for the life of me recall the name right now.

Do you mean, Umina, Potonga?

We are not heading away this Easter as we missed our planned trip. Will make up for it with a few day trips and an overnighter at the inlaws.

Hope to head up to Narrabeen lakes late March early April to check out the Big4 up there.

I am interested to see where you decide on a place for the gathering and will see if schedules suit.

I think the sticker idea is a good one. I can see a big bright sticker on the back of my CT.
You could leave a space on it for people to put their "handle" on it.
Hissy
Hissy
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:01 am

Hissy wrote:Do you mean, Umina, Potonga?

Actually I was thinking Ourimbah/Palmdale (thank you google maps). Theres a State forest on the western side of the F3 and some other parks around it to the east. But looking at the map, Patonga looks much nicer.
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby CCC » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 am

Palmdale .... ummm the campers there are permanent Ozzy hehehe its a crematorium
there are no sites or amenities in the forrest there, just tracks.

But where ever it is we are definately in if the date is good :armsup ::) :armsup ::) :armsup ::) :cheers
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to Groups & Activities