Help required, anyone know where to get a bulb for this lamp

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:25 pm

gypsylady wrote:
cokebottle wrote:You are a patient man Michael, I would have asked for a refund and no bones about it.

It's probably my background working in the motor trade as a service advisor that makes me patient, I know what it is like to get parts out of some of these importers.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:27 pm

gypsylady wrote:You are a patient man Michael, I would have asked for a refund and no bones about it.

It is probably my back ground as a service advisor in the motor trade - dealing with suppliers who could not get parts for a new model etc that makes me so patient.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:30 pm

cokebottle wrote:It's probably my background working in the motor trade as a service advisor that makes me patient, I know what it is like to get parts out of some of these importers.

Michael

Like I said....more patience than me in that reagrd.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:13 pm

gypsylady wrote:
cokebottle wrote:
gypsylady wrote:So did they refund your money??

They said if they can't get a globe then that would be the next action, the lady at the refund desk was astounded that they had sold a lamp for which you could not get a globe for.

Michael

You are a patient man Michael, I would have asked for a refund and no bones about it.

Why am I not suprised :lol: :booty
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
Why am I not suprised :lol: :booty

Good stuff Ozzy, would hate to let you down.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:58 am

cokebottle wrote:Went back to Bunnings & they took all the details & said they will contact the supplier & let me know, when I first went to Bunnings the two people I saw in the electrical section were not very helpful - I should have went to the special orders desk the first time, they were very helpful.

Michael

So what is the outcome with this, any update Michael??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re:

Postby cokebottle » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 am

gypsylady wrote:So what is the outcome with this, any update Michael??

Gee I am easy-going aint I? as I have not had to use it yet I was not too worried, had better go & follow them up!

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: Re:

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 am

cokebottle wrote:
Gee I am easy-going aint I? as I have not had to use it yet I was not too worried, had better go & follow them up!

Michael

Yep, you sure are....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Help required, anyone know where to get a bulb for this lamp

Postby cokebottle » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:59 am

Went to Bunnings yesterday & they told me they were waiting on an email from Bunnings head office in Melbourne, appears they have became involved in chasing up the supplier - the lady was suprised that the head office was involved, I'm not but because I was told by a couple of the lighting shops that a few people had been in with the same light from Bunnings & they had told them to complain to Bunnings ;)

I am planning to go camping again next month, so they had better sort it by then :x

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:14 am

cokebottle wrote:Went to Bunnings yesterday & they told me they were waiting on an email from Bunnings head office in Melbourne, appears they have became involved in chasing up the supplier - the lady was suprised that the head office was involved, I'm not but because I was told by a couple of the lighting shops that a few people had been in with the same light from Bunnings & they had told them to complain to Bunnings ;)

I am planning to go camping again next month, so they had better sort it by then :x

Michael

I am really keen to hear the outcome Michael.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:34 pm

gypsylady wrote:I am really keen to hear the outcome Michael.

Will keep updates coming, same bat time, same bat channel ;)

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:08 pm

cokebottle wrote:
gypsylady wrote:I am really keen to hear the outcome Michael.

Will keep updates coming, same bat time, same bat channel ;)

Michael

Great, thanks...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

UPDATE & CLOSURE

Postby cokebottle » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:54 pm

I finally got around to calling in to Bunnings (only drive past Bunnings every day on the way home from work :roll: ) after they rang me a bit over a week ago to tell me they could not get a tube for me, they said I could exchange or refund.

I opted for the refund as I had already bought an Eveready unit from K-Mart for $20. (I inspected the bulb type very carefully this time & it is a very common one ;) )

So a lesson was learnt, beware the bargain! it must have cost me more than $20 in fuel driving all over the place trying to source a bulb :x

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby CCC » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Glad its all sorted for you now Michael :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Thu May 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Another update, I have been looking for a new rechargeable light & I did pick up an Eveready light from K-mart that took 4 "D" batteries but I still wanted a rechargeable, but I could not afford the $50+ that most of the good units are.

I saw that Supa Cheap Auto had a lamp for $24 which normally was $39, I went & had a look & found it looked identical to the Bunnings one I bought except for the globe which looked the same as home energy savers with the twist in them, it also was identical to the one I saw in BCF, when I was hunting for a tube for my Bunnings one & BCF did not have any bulbs to show me for their one either!

I popped open the packet of the lamp in Supa Cheap & unscrewed the top & pulled out the tube AH HUH! same pin configuration as the Bunnings one & you can not get a tube with 4 pins in a square pattern anywhere in Australia!!!

So moral is, DO NOT buy a cheap lamp unless you know 100% you can get a replacement tube, I suspect BCF sells the same lamp! they also sell a lamp which has LED's instead of a tube, so this would be a safer bet.

As I was leaving Supa Cheap, I saw yet another rechargeable lamp for $15, I opened it up & found it had the standard tube with 4 in line pins which you can buy anywhere, I picked it up & when they scanned it I was only charged $10, bargain :?#

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Guide