Opening Links

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Opening Links

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Admin

Can you change your settings so that links open in a new window. It's a pain when you click on a link and it overwrites the forum.

Cheers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Re: Opening Links

Postby AussieSunset » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:02 pm

You can always right click and choose either to open in a new window or a new tab if you wish.
Hope that helps Derek.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Ponga » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Derek wrote:Admin

Can you change your settings so that links open in a new window. It's a pain when you click on a link and it overwrites the forum.

Cheers

Derek

Ditto - great minds I thought the same and went to look for somewhere to post a request and saw your.

It probably just needs a tick in the right box somewhere in the background
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:34 am

If you use Firefox you don't even need to right click and select anything :cheers

I don't think its a forum option, rather a browser setting. Could be wrong tho.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:29 am

I use Firefox and have it set to open all links in a new tab but it doesn't work on here.

I think you will find it is a setting in your Admin Panel. phpBB used to have that setting as I recall
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:00 am

If your using Firefox just click on the link using your middle mouse button (the roller).

Even if I could find the setting (there's soooooo many more now with the new board) I wont change it cause I like it how it is :booty :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Derek,

I've been looking but haven't found it yet, if/when I do I'll give it a try and see how it looks but I hear what you are saying about that, its got to be barried in here somewhere, a lot of new stuff in this vrs.
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Ponga » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 pm

I don't have a wheely mouse thing on my laptop. My only annoyance is one minute I'm in camping.com.au - forget to right click to view a link, do natural thing close the link and doh camping.com.au has gone with it. :(

I use IE7 and have it set to open links in a new tab, but they now don't from here.
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Yep, it's a pain in the :booty
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Pauly » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:46 am

Ponga wrote:I don't have a wheely mouse thing on my laptop. My only annoyance is one minute I'm in camping.com.au - forget to right click to view a link, do natural thing close the link and doh camping.com.au has gone with it. :(

I use IE7 and have it set to open links in a new tab, but they now don't from here.

Ponga I used to use IE but 6 or so months ago I bit the bullet and went firefox, takes a bit of getting used to but its way so much better browser. You know when ie crashes and you close you lose where you were, firefox asks if you want to restore the session, then you have the tabs etc its excelant. I right click all my links a second nature now. I still forget that I close a tab not the window der
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby will_deness » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:53 am

I think just about every browser is better than IE especially in security.
I love the speed dial feature in opera.Love not seeing popups. Love internet tabs at top of window and programs at bottom of screen.Love the spell checker plugin. Love the downloadable widget apps.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:53 am

will_deness wrote:I love the speed dial feature in opera.Love not seeing popups. Love internet tabs at top of window and programs at bottom of screen.Love the spell checker plugin. Love the downloadable widget apps.

Sounds like you are definitely 'in love' Will....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:50 pm

gypsylady wrote:
will_deness wrote:I love the speed dial feature in opera.Love not seeing popups. Love internet tabs at top of window and programs at bottom of screen.Love the spell checker plugin. Love the downloadable widget apps.

/hug opera! I know lots of people who have changed from IE to opera or firefox, but I have yet to know anyone who changed from opera or firefox to IE.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:58 pm

will_deness wrote:
gypsylady wrote:

/hug opera! I know lots of people who have changed from IE to opera or firefox, but I have yet to know anyone who changed from opera or firefox to IE.

Lost me the first time around...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ponga » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Yes I went down the Firefox road for a while but didn't really get on with it, for my simple needs theres really not much difference anyway, still have tabbed browser, programs at bottom and no-popups.

Guess it's just what you get used to, I can't even use my OH PC because he has Vista, I tried it once and found it such a PITA I never bothered to go back. I don't have much patience to sit around and try to figure out these things.
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.