South East Qld Forum Gatherings 2007 & 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:00 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:yes Troy IM happy with changing the venue to Bribie for the 22nd every 1 in favour say I. question on pet frendly no pets arnt allowed , gypsy no 1 loves there little fella like I love taking my mate away with me but sometimes I cant so he has to stay at home, as for you being a new member and not having input you and every 1 else has the same right to imput, we all welcome each others thoughts sometimes some dont agree but thats life. OK camper trailers yes they accept them, powered site is $22per night for 2 people $4.50 per night per child over 4,I will make enquires about unpowered as I know lots are self sufficient the reason I picked Bongaree Caravan Park is because it is a safe swiiming beach no waves and some parents may be a little frightened if thier child was in waves understandable, and the surf side is only 5 mins drive anyway. If most of us would like to be close to the surf then yes I will take numbers and book Woorim. :beer :beer :beer Alan

Ok looks like there is plenty of love around for the venue change so its a done deal. Will create a new post for the details.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AussieSunset » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:48 am

Seeing as your coming to Bribie ( either CP ) is there anything I can do to help as I live here (Bribie) so if you guys need anything (ie info and such)just give me a yell hey.
I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all for the day when you come too. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:54 pm

Troyk wrote:How about this place as a venue at some time. It might be a bit expensive though.

Mt Warning Holiday Park, Northern NSW.

Webpage
http://www.mtwarningholidaypark.com/

Top place, my home originally,beautiful country drives,dogs are allowed at the camp ground,must be on leash (which is the norm for most places) lots of wild life,do keep in mind that The Mt Warning walk is a National Park and doggie won`t be allowed there. A day trip drive through places such as Chillingham<Tyalgum tops, Buy farm crops along the way, nice scenary,cold nights in winter but the days are magnificant.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Chippy suggested these.

chippy wrote:Heres a few ideas to keep this rolling ...

Bigriggen park

http://www.bigriggen.com.au
It has showers toilets and open fires ...

Flanagans reserve

http://www.flanaganreserve.com.au

Showers, toilets, open fires and allows dogs.

Queen Mary Falls

http://www.queenmaryfallscaravanpark.com.au

Showers and toilets not sure about fires tho.

Or maybe we will have some luck with butinga by then

http://www.butinga.com.au/

We may be able to camp there as a community group with a "donation"

Ill have a think about some other places and let you know! Cheers :D
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Troyk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:35 pm

I thought we would put down some ideas for the second half of the year. There have been a few good ideas come up.

Ok here we go
* We need somewhere where we can conregate together in area. it was a pity we only had the sat night at Bribie to get together.
* Be able to make some noise without disturbing other campers. I mean while most of us are not noisy people, together we can generate chatter noise, especially on the first night when we are having a few catch up drinks.
* Need some space that is suitable for the kids to ride bikes, play soccer.
* Perhaps stay away from Caravan parks unless they have a large camping area, or where we can gather together.
* Campfire!

Possible sites
*Bigriggen
*Peach Trees
*Goomburra
*Borumba Deer Park
* Island Reach
*MT Warning Holiday Park (will need a recon first)
*Spring Gully Stays

Ange did suggest going back to Sharp Park, so I was thinking we go back in November, when the weather was good then and it will be like a first anniversary.

So we just need 2 more venues, one for say July and the other for say September (perhaps the first weekend so we are away from the school holidays). Also we need remember to spread them out either side of Brisbane.

Ok guys any other suggestions or are people happy to go anywhere there is the basic facilities. :grin:

Troyk

Re:

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 am

Troyk wrote:Ok guys any other suggestions or are people happy to go anywhere there is the basic facilities. :grin:

I am happy with basic facilities, toilet facilities is about all I would like to have, the rest I can cover myself.

Another possible (??) venue would be the CP at Esk. They have a campground area down the back (which is away from the CP) that might be worth a look. No power though.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: South East Qld Forum Gatherings 2007 & 2008

Postby freerocketman1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:07 pm

troy stinsons park has a good size camp area with a large oval for a game of cricket or footy,kids with bikes,flush toilits,creek to swim in. unfortunatly no dogs in camping area but they are allowed in the day use area & those with dogs who would like to camp there is burgess park back up the road.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:18 pm

It is not so much a camping place from memory but we had a family reunion at a Recreation Camp at Yandina.
A fabulous weekend,you book the whole camp, there are dormitory style cabins sleeping six to eight to 12 from memory,huge kitchen and hall,you have use of the tennis courts,huge grassed area for football,soccor etc...it has been about ten years but i know we had a ball, and it was very cheap. It may not be what you are looking for but anyways there you have it.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:25 pm

I just googled it it is now called Marantha Camp.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby double_d » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:02 pm

burumba deer park is good
been there last 2 australia days
a couple of areas away from people
i would like to go to island reach havent been there
and spring gully stays sounds interesting
i dont have pets
thought i do have 3 childeren
1 of which has an aquired brain injury and has vision and stability problems while walking
so please let me know if the places decided are flat terain
thanks

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Double d after seeing the way the big kids looked after the little kids at Bribie Island camp your little fellow will be well taken care off,but yes flat terrain would make it easier for him.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:10 pm

Sorry!!! persumed there he was a boy could be a girl,either way will have a great time with our group.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:32 pm

I have moved some of the posts.

The Handiwash washing machine posts are now in Gear Guide.

The posts on Island Reach I moved to Australian Park Reviews, though I forgot to change the name, but I have asked Activity_Dept to change and merge with other post on Island Reach.

I thought the posts would be better in these locations. :grin:

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Troyk wrote:I have moved some of the posts.

The posts on Island Reach I moved to Australian Park Reviews, though I forgot to change the name, but I have asked Activity_Dept to change and merge with other post on Island Reach.

I thought the posts would be better in these locations. :grin:

Thanks Troy, I did wonder about that when I posted them. It is good to be able to post pics now.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Groups & Activities