SEQ Gathering - 6 to 9 June 2008, Andrew Drynan Park

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Are you coming? (you can change your vote as shown as a X)

Poll ended at Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Booked
1
9%
Planning to come
1
9%
Thinking about it
0
No votes
Can't make it
9
82%
Not happy about the arrangements
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 11

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:20 pm

GL I couldnt wonder why your work colleagues would think you are loopy .
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
Oh and make sure the radio works :?#


Oh no Ozzy, no radios at this destination, too noisy...
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby amanda » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:31 am

Sorry I'm being lazy GL - to save me going back through this entire thread, can you tell me if a date has been chosen for this trip? I'm so dissappointed that I missed the Bribie weekend, and with Anzac Day committments with family I'll be missing that one too. So I really don't want to miss the June one and would love to lock the date in so nothing can stop me. Thanks.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:50 pm

amanda wrote:Sorry I'm being lazy GL - to save me going back through this entire thread, can you tell me if a date has been chosen for this trip? I'm so dissappointed that I missed the Bribie weekend, and with Anzac Day committments with family I'll be missing that one too. So I really don't want to miss the June one and would love to lock the date in so nothing can stop me. Thanks.



Actually Amanda I don't think Troy has actually chosen a specific date. He did mention the long weekend but he also made some mention of the school holidays.

Cheers GL
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re:

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:GL I couldnt wonder why your work colleagues would think you are loopy .



Well Alan from what I see I expect that YOU better than anyone else would know all about this.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:23 pm

gypsylady wrote:
amanda wrote:Sorry I'm being lazy GL - to save me going back through this entire thread, can you tell me if a date has been chosen for this trip? I'm so dissappointed that I missed the Bribie weekend, and with Anzac Day committments with family I'll be missing that one too. So I really don't want to miss the June one and would love to lock the date in so nothing can stop me. Thanks.



Amanda

Just checked back and whilst Troy has not actually picked a specific date it seems like he is amining at the long weekend which is June 7 - 9.

Cheers GL
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby amanda » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:45 pm

If that's the case then I can make it. I only have a problem with the 13-15th June. Thanks.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:56 pm

amanda wrote:If that's the case then I can make it. I only have a problem with the 13-15th June. Thanks.


He may even put up a poll Amanda and I think that I read where he is away in Sydney or somewhere until later today.

Cheers...
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby snake_dr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:15 pm

i dont know if distance from Brisbane is something that needs to be taken into account, but Levuka is a really nice spot, has showers and toilets, and firewood is provided

http://www.levuka.com.au/
User avatar
snake_dr
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Ipswich, SEQ

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:31 pm

Yes i have looked at their web site a few times,for Easter they are charging $175 for the weekend ,i personally wouldn`t pay that and do i want concerts and stuff blaring in my ear all weekend??? They haven`t posted any activity for June as yet.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:16 pm

snake_dr wrote:i dont know if distance from Brisbane is something that needs to be taken into account, but Levuka is a really nice spot, has showers and toilets, and firewood is provided

http://www.levuka.com.au/


Levuka is fabulous but they do often have 'specials' for long weekends and it is always quite pricey. Their normal weekend fee does include the car load with 4WD options and but it may well be a bit far for anyone on the north side of Brissy.

It is every bit as attractive as shown on their website.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby snake_dr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:51 pm

yer the easter weekend gig isnt something id really be too keen for but any time for normal weekends it would be fine, i really dont like busy camping

just thought id make sure you knew about it :-)
User avatar
snake_dr
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Ipswich, SEQ

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Normal fees for Levuka for the weekend :

FEES.

Family rate, two adults and children aged under 17 $25.00 per day.

The usual two-day weekend fee for two adults or a family is $50.00.

Pretty cheap and very attractive but it is a good distance especially for a normal weekend. It is not on the list of places I have in mind for the June weekend gathering.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:05 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Yes i have looked at their web site a few times,for Easter they are charging $175 for the weekend ,i personally wouldn`t pay that and do i want concerts and stuff blaring in my ear all weekend??? They haven`t posted any activity for June as yet.


We had a small group who used to go to Levuka every Easter for about 5 years until they priced themselves out of the market for me. The last time I went there for Easter it was $100.

The music usually isn't a problem as there is a lot of campground where you can camp well away from the music.

Robert and Rosemary Clark are really lovely people.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: SEQ Gathering - June, Venue TBA

Postby snake_dr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:09 pm

no problems, the wife's keen to get out with some people other than my parents and her sister, so get something organised already! ;-) (jokes jokes, i can read the topic)

we will probably tag along on the april trip by the looks of it, thats if we're not doing fraser, thats our next trip after easter, just gotta work out when yet, probably early april. sorry im spamming in the june meeting forum here..
User avatar
snake_dr
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Ipswich, SEQ

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron