How to Post Pics or get an Avitar

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

How to Post Pics or get an Avitar

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:48 pm

This board now provides for photo attachments and Avatars. If you have any questions please PM one of the Admin.

Alternative to posting photos in the forum below.

:+ :+

courtesy of Kramer:

I thought I would post up a guide to explain how to post pics or get a avatar.
Can we get this as a sticky please?

1. First step is to create an account on http://www.photobucket.com its free and easy all you need is an email address, I use my hotmail one.

2. Now after you have registered and logged in you can start uploading pictures from your computer, just hit browse and find the images on your hardrive and click open. (You can upload more than 1 at a time if needed.) After you have found the picture/s you want uploaded click on the submit button down the bottom. It can take quite a while to upload pictures so make yourself a coffee.

3. After the computer has finished uploading your images they will appear in a list near the bottom of the page. You need to select the text with the {IMG}{/IMG} tags by draging the mouse over the text in the box. Right click on the selected text and click on copy or click on edit and click on copy.

4. Now when posting a pic just right click and click on paste or click on edit and then paste. If you want an avatar log into this forum and click on profile (top of page) then right down the bottom of your profile page there is a text box that says "Link to off site avatar" just paste your picture link (from photobucket) without the {img}{/img} tags. I think avatars should be about 100x100 pixels to about 150x150 pixels if you need to resize a picture you can do it with this program free from download.com - http://www.download.com/FastStone-Photo ... ag=lst-4-2

Hopefully this has made some sort of sense? I am not a good teacher!
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:37 pm

checking to see if I got this right or not.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Re: How to Post Pics or get an Avitar

Postby amanda » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks for the info Ozzy. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to computers other than word, spreadsheets and powerpoint, so getting an avatar up was a major trauma for me, but now I've done it! I'm so excited I'll probably change it every day for the next couple of weeks until the novelty wears off!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: How to Post Pics or get an Avitar

Postby Cruzin » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Mulligrub

Where is that boat ramp...

I'm off to Scarborough tomorrow to bring back a 52' er.

Called "ULTIMATE".. It is up for sale......

rgds Shane
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.