Board Cookies

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Board Cookies

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:17 pm

What is the advantage of Deleting all Board Cookies as per the option set at the bottom of the Board Index??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Board Cookies

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:44 pm

If you can bake some cookies I'll be happy to delete them for you ;)
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:47 pm

As per your question, though, a cookie is a file stored on your PC. Its put there by websites you visit for them to gather information about who visits. It sounds scarier than it is, but basically its how sites remember your password, and, on forums, remember what threads you've read and haven't, etc.

If your paranoid about privacy you can set your browser not to accept cookies, but you'll have an interesting time browsing the web if you do. Deleting your cookies does just that. Wont cause any harm, there'll just be a new one there next time you visit. And if you usually have your password "remembered" by the site, you'll need to re-enter it.

Hope I explained that right.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:As per your question, though, a cookie is a file stored on your PC. Its put there by websites you visit for them to gather information about who visits. It sounds scarier than it is, but basically its how sites remember your password, and, on forums, remember what threads you've read and haven't, etc.

If your paranoid about privacy you can set your browser not to accept cookies, but you'll have an interesting time browsing the web if you do. Deleting your cookies does just that. Wont cause any harm, there'll just be a new one there next time you visit. And if you usually have your password "remembered" by the site, you'll need to re-enter it.

Hope I explained that right.

Thanks Ozzy and yes I knew about cookies but did not know how it affected this forum. No I am not paranoid about them but I do like my privacy just the same but cookies are ok by me.

Thanks again Ozzy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:49 am

I use the delete cookies when I finish a session when Im not on my own PC.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 am

will_deness wrote:I use the delete cookies when I finish a session when Im not on my own PC.

That's an idea, thanks Will
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.