What to do

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

What to do

Postby pajeropaul » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi group nice to meet all and glad to be here... well i have a quesyion that i would like cleared up... this is the question i have installed a hard plastic water tank in our 4x4 for when we go camping, well is there any thing i can put in the water to help it from going off and what is it you add to the water is there a tablet please need help and how much do i need i carry 73 litres of water ....
are looking for places to get away and camp and maybe join some one on a camp or trip and looking for a local person to with similar interest as have now friends in this area
pajeropaul

Postby Kramer » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 am

Welcome to the group. I think you can buy some form of purifying (sp?) tablets from most camping stores but they generally aren't needed. When I had a PVC tank under my cruiser I didn't ever use any tablets and the water was fine even after 6 months of sitting. I am not to sure here but most store bought water tanks are black and you need sunlight to produce algae etc so I think you won't have to worry at all.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:48 pm

If it's a black water container the water wont go off. If it's a clear one then you might need soemthing for it.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby jollyroger » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:04 pm

If you are planning to go away for a few weeks - I wouldn't worry about it going off. Do not leave water in there unless you need it.
Leaving the water in there will only add to the weight of the 4x4 and chew the fuel. If you can fill it in a caravan park while you are away.

Are you planning a huge trip where there is no water at all?
If you carried 3 10ltr water boxes that would be more than enough for a week.

We have a 70 litre tank in our Camper Trailer and never use it unless we go somewhere the water is suss or scarce. That has only been once.

Aussie Disposals sell tank tablets - really cheap too!
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to General Chit-Chat