Do we need one of these?

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Re: Do we need one of these?

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Cute little thing isn't it. :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :***
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 pm

derek your a bad man :twisted: :*** :***
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

This one's cuter ::() ::() ::() ::() ::() ::() ::()
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby will_deness » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:05 am

Sorry I meant to have finished with this thread as I felt I made my case. Just one more thing. Lets see if I have this correct? A free for all breaks out, it gets ugly. one or more messages gets reported, if a mod isn't on then nothing really happens and the crap goes on till a mod comes on?
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:53 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:I'd like to think we don't need one, at least not yet. If anyone does start to post out of line a PM should suffice.

Also. A few things with the new board that some may not have noticed is the ability to "report this post". Its a little button on the bottom right of everyone's post that, when pressed will send a message to admin, there's also a field to put your own comment, might want to explain why you think the post needs reporting.

But keep in mind that generally people don't just decide to start being rude for no reason. So it might be a good idea to look through what you have written previously first ;)

Of course, if and when this site ends up getting a lot more regular posters, the number of complaints is bound to increase, so It would probably then pay to have a set of rules and if anyone continually ignores them there's really no need to waste time with PM's.

That is expressed rather well Ozzy.

Cheers GL
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:55 am

Derek wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I was going to ask where this came from but now I can see, thanks Derek.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Here is a simple one I have put together.
Code of conduct

The primary scope of this code of conduct is to try to ensure a friendly and fair atmosphere, and to promote freedom of expression whilst discouraging anti-social behaviour

Post count farming Don't! it's much more interesting to see what you can say not how much you can say.
Personal attacks If you don't like someone that's fine, no one should have to like everyone. But everyone should be treated with the same amount of respect whether you share their views or not.
plagiarizing By all means copy and paste information from the Internet, But make sure you respect the efforts of the original author by acknowledging the source of the material.
Thread hijack Topics, like any discussion topics can change as they evolve. The person who started the thread has the right to ask for the thread to be brought back to topic if they feel that the thread hasn't run it's proper course.
Spam If you need to buy or sell something, one thread in the buy and sell board
The golden rule Before you post any message, ask yourself would you send that message to your mother, priest or put it in a job application?

Feel free to adapt,adopt or disregard any or all of this guide.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 pm

will_deness wrote:Here is a simple one I have put together.
Code of conduct
Thread hijack Topics, like any discussion topics can change as they evolve. The person who started the thread has the right to ask for the thread to be brought back to topic if they feel that the thread hasn't run it's proper course.

will everything you have put in this is very good :+ but i was just wondering about this one.does it mean that only the person who started it is allowed to bring it back to topic or can others ask too,as there has been times when the topic has gone off corse for a long time & others have questions but they never end up getting a reply.

i have a feeling that things are going to change soon & i hope that what you have put down will have somthing to do with it. :)
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby will_deness » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:39 pm

freerocketman1 wrote:
will_deness wrote:Here is a simple one I have put together.
Code of conduct

will everything you have put in this is very good :+ but i was just wondering about this one.does it mean that only the person who started it is allowed to bring it back to topic or can others ask too,as there has been times when the topic has gone off corse for a long time & others have questions but they never end up getting a reply.

i have a feeling that things are going to change soon & i hope that what you have put down will have somthing to do with it. :)

I have just tried to base those ideas on common sense :? I guess it would be hard to bring the topic back when the topic author took it off topic (if I think you meant the rossmore park/drive in thread ;) ) If it is really important to you, the best thing is to ask to bring it back and if that fails, all you can really do is wait a little while till the off topic loses steam.
Edit: I forgot to get to the end point :? If all that fails I would think you would be entitled to ask a mod to rename the thread in question and then you could open a new topic to get your answer, Saying that tho if it needs to go this far, it would mean there is a lack of co-operation on someones behalf.(details like these are probably best worked out in debate).
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.